Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 boost solinoid bypass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
Had the same question today lol, since they’re 20+ years old they start to leak which means less boost, bypassing it means it’ll create full boost all the time, only a good idea if you’re keeping an eye on temps

Temps being just water temp or we talking more then that?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bypassing the solenoid does not mean you have all the boost all the time. Doing the standard bypass takes the electronic solenoid out of the circuit but leave the vacuum operated bypass valve working in normal operation.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
Bypassing the solenoid does not mean you have all the boost all the time. Doing the standard bypass takes the electronic solenoid out of the circuit but leave the vacuum operated bypass valve working in normal operation.
So if I run without it she’s not ganna mess up my car?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I bypassed mine as the little foam filter disintegrated it’s self due to the heat under the bonnet.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You can run without the electric solenoid plumbed into the vacuum system for the bypass valve and it will run just fine. That solenoid is there so the PCM can reduce the boost under certain conditions. You do need to leave the solenoid in place and connected electronically or it will throw fault codes.

The only thing you'll probably notice with the electronic solenoid bypassed is that the boost valve will open/close faster as you have removed the tiny small diameter hose where the air cycled in/out of the vacuum bypass valve.