Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 question

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Hey guys im getting a 10 psi pulley installed on my vy calais tomorrow. Just want to know if the car needs to be driven lightly till the ecu picks up the pulley change and will the power increase come instantly? Thanks

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Should be running 98octane fuel from now on. As soon as the car is warmed up, go hard. You'll notice the difference straight away.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah its been on 98 octane since i bought it. Would it be as quick as say a vt ss ls1 ? Or will it take more mods to keep up with one?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
You are still gonna be under 200kw and the ls1 is like 220kw ? You've got a ways to go yet I would think.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
my calais has 10psi, 4" CAI, extractors, high flow cars, twin 2.5" exhaust (dont get this!!! drones terribley!!!), 1.9:1 ratio rockers and a custom tune and i can only just beat stock LS1's although its alot hotter up here which zaps some power!

Ohh wow... Did u notice much of a difference with the rockers.. And hear i thought i could run a 14 flat with rockers and a pulley lol... Im actually looking for a catback for it aswell, do you know of a free flowing quiet system for l67s?

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
yeah my calais is slow for what it has! im fairly sure it has something to do with the temps/humidity in north qld. cars down south with less mods run the same time. my best is a 14.2 @ 93.5 1.97 60ft.

i installed rockers, boost and intake at the same time so not really sure what the rockers added. a friend did back to back dyno runs on his n/a VS v6 and got a 20rwhp gain with just rockers.

umm for exhausts if you want free flowing and quiet get yourself a second hand HSV exhaust off of a vt-vy clubby. there twin 2.25" and flow well. but there quiet.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
my calais has 10psi, 4" CAI, extractors, high flow cars, twin 2.5" exhaust (dont get this!!! drones terribley!!!), 1.9:1 ratio rockers and a custom tune and i can only just beat stock LS1's although its alot hotter up here which zaps some power!

Haha yeah true about the heat, come live in cairns, even more heat and humidity! you shud look at getting a cooler themostat man, i got one put in recently works well keep it much cooler

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
May not make as much power with just a pulley but bottom end torque may be higher.

Vt ss ls1
Torque
446Nm @ 4400-4400rpm

Vy l67
Torque
375Nm @ 3600-3000rpm

The l67 makes its torque lower in the rev range and I would expect it to make more torque at 3000rpm with a 10 psi pulley than a stock ls1. This of course can be confirmed with some dyno figures if anyone has any of either car.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
yeah my calais is slow for what it has! im fairly sure it has something to do with the temps/humidity in north qld. cars down south with less mods run the same time. my best is a 14.2 @ 93.5 1.97 60ft.

i installed rockers, boost and intake at the same time so not really sure what the rockers added. a friend did back to back dyno runs on his n/a VS v6 and got a 20rwhp gain with just rockers.

umm for exhausts if you want free flowing and quiet get yourself a second hand HSV exhaust off of a vt-vy clubby. there twin 2.25" and flow well. but there quiet.

Looking at your times and comparing to my partners VX are a little funny. She has a stock VX (some blower porting) with a quick desktop tune with no logging, just a guesstimate, no pulley no other mods, just a 3.07 LSD. The best I could get out of it was a 15.1 @93MPH with a 60FT 2.0??? something. Its goes to show how the bottom end performs once you get it breathing a bit better.