Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 super6 on LPG Injection?

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
with either vapour injection and the liquid injection there is no reason why you cannot have a an off the shelf tune, all of the tuning done to my maps etc. have been done on petrol and it has responded very well on LPG as the LPG ECU mimics the flow requirements of the petrol injectors.
The only issue I had in the early stage was the AE & PE were a little bit too aggressive and caused a stutter on LPG but once they were reduced slightly it has been great, I am around 1 second slower on a 0-100 run when on LPG

SimonL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Vy Calais L67
Hi guys I am running a Vy Calais Super 6 on JTG LPG injection. We have just had the heads setup for gas. The heads are now 10% bigger in port size for both inlet and exhaust and has had brass K-lines and stellite valve seats fitted. The car from factory had double row timing chains and a stage 1 cam with stage 1 roller rockers and a 69mm throttle body. We have replaced the exhaust manifolds with hurricane ceramic coated headers and hi flow hurricane cats and there full 2.5 inch twin pipe system. I have also replace the factory ECU with a Wolf V550 system so I can run a dedicated Petrol and seperate LPG tune.
I have been running JTP LPG on the car well before these latest modifications and found it to be well worth the investment for cost savings and performance gains. On the highway the car gets well over 650Km on 68 litre of LPG before latest modifications (68 Litre usable tank size). Once we do the full power tunes I am hoping to run 16psi of boost which will be controllable by the wolf and the boost solenoid via the power switch.

vytonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vytonner
My SSV uses 13l/100 on gas OR petrol, no noticeable power difference running on either, if anything more power when I fill
With 100% propane (110RON) instead of regar auto blend (106RON)

Best thing I did with her.

was that measured at the bowser or just what the trip computer says?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Liquid injection's nice, but not worth the expense. Sure, you get a few more rwkw and can support higher hp levels and work well with forced induction (where the in tank pressure needs to overcome the positive manifold pressure for it to work properly).

Liquid systems are incredibly expensive to set up and maintain. Lpg is a waxy/oily/dirty fuel, and if filters aren't changed often you end up going through injectors very quickly. When those injectors die, you're looking at $250-300 each for decent quality keihin replacements.

Basically:
-Liquid injection for high power applications, but incredibly high cost.
-Vapour injection for applications that require less than 30fwkw/cylinder in N/A applications (usually slightly higher power capability in FI applications) and where cost is a major concern.

Fuel economy may be 1L/100km higher with vapour injection but that's dependent on how well the system is tuned. Most are equal with petrol consumption figures.