Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 Cam Self Install

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
so ur tune hasn't been adjusted yet ? u will have issues from that just need to be cleaned up, will prob get worse as the trims try to adjust for it until done properly, i hope ur using a wideband to get fuel dialled in

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
so ur tune hasn't been adjusted yet ? u will have issues from that just need to be cleaned up, will prob get worse as the trims try to adjust for it until done properly, i hope ur using a wideband to get fuel dialled in
He sent me a base tune ready for the cam but did not suggest to not drive the car, so hope I don't do any damage!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be fine if the LT trims are still used until its dialed in, just i always wonder how remote tuners dial the fuel in if they dont use a wideband, the narrow bands are just guess work when OL

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
As @07GTS mentioned, I would sugest getting a wideband. You can easy install in place of the rear O2 sensors to check open loop operation.

I would also sugest monitoring some vitals like LTFT STFT using at least a cheap Bluetooth obdii dongle and an old phone as a display. You will learn a lot about your car.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
As @07GTS mentioned, I would sugest getting a wideband. You can easy install in place of the rear O2 sensors to check open loop operation.

I would also sugest monitoring some vitals like LTFT STFT using at least a cheap Bluetooth obdii dongle and an old phone as a display. You will learn a lot about your car.
Sounds interesting :) I have the AutoCal that came with the remote tune so ill sus out what kind of readings i can get.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
The A/C condenser you can just let the gas out of the valve its located close to the radiator cap and just get re gassed for about 100 bucks once job is complete
You realise most a/c places will drain a/c gas for free as it is harmful to the ozone layer if you just release it to nothing yourself.
Then they still charge you the same for a re-gas.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
You realise most a/c places will drain a/c gas for free as it is harmful to the ozone layer if you just release it to nothing yourself.
Then they still charge you the same for a re-gas.
I think the last generation already ruined our Ozone layer down here.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's what the Greens and young ones will have you believe.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Probably more like 2 or 3 generations ago.

CFC's was a major contributor and the only place that it's still used seems to be China.