Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lame-o-meter

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
^^ ... yep, that is the one. Had metal tags rivetted to the plastic which protruded outside the louvre by about 1/2 inch, (in 1974) now about 10mm.
Lift the rubber window seal, and insert tag, while a couple of the tags that you had just inserted popped out.
Don't know any other method of fitting them.

mine had plastic thingy's stuck to the glass with double sided tape. then you'd put one of those screw things into that. you know, thingys!

1974, holy cow - i'm talking a late 80's/early 90's one.

pretty much this - with the red being adhesive

1612751095511.png

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
These Aungers? :cool:
Fitted to my first car (1984), a 1983 Sopwith Sigma in 'puffin blue', fitted with what was then must-have louvres on the rear window. Easy to remove with screwdriver and half-turn. Only good thing was they provided a convenient perch for nesting pigeons when I left the car outside...

1612750853711.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I always liked Aunger louvers.

But even the ones that had adhesive pads that you stuck to the rear glass (such pads are still available by the way), it was still a pain to clip the louvers on an off them just to clean the glass. They also rattled at certain speeds.

Maybe such inconvenience was what changed fashions so the desire to use such lovers faded just like the many back seats.... It’s odd as we are in a time when you have a greater window area and more sloped glass than ever. Such allows more heat into the cabin so you’d think louvers would be real popular and Aunger louvers would still exist :rolleyes: But no:confused:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
When that car was sold off, can't remember precisely when, the next owner kept the black plastic louvres for a while. Then I saw it in the driveway of a property in the next town from where I was (Newstead, I was in Campbells Creek at the time, 16km away), and they had fitted white internal window venetians, as originally fitted to the Sigma SE ("upmarket" model which features the new-fangled electric windows!).

The Sigma had more rust festering away on its body than the Titantic after 100+ years. Engine eventually blew up while I was taking it 4WDing with a bike on the rear (pic), taking a (very) wrong turn out of Walhalla in Gippsland and thundering down a 4WD track over 3 hours to emerge at Lake Glenmaggie with a dead alternator. Yup, thems were the fun times...

• Millers Service Station (long gone), 1987 (?), Woods Point, Victoria.

1612751366200.jpeg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I always liked Aunger louvers.

But even the ones that had adhesive pads that you stuck to the rear glass (such pads are still available by the way), it was still a pain to clip the louvers on an off them just to clean the glass. They also rattled at certain speeds.

Maybe such inconvenience was what changed fashions so the desire to use such lovers faded just like the many back seats.... It’s odd as we are in a time when you have a greater window area and more sloped glass than ever. Such allows more heat into the cabin so you’d think louvers would be real popular and Aunger louvers would still exist :rolleyes: But no:confused:

I thought they were easy to get on and off, and mine did not rattle. The louvre kept my backseat and speakers nice and well shaded - and due to no air con, probably helped there.

The HR had a rear window that actually curved in so the Aunger worked well.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
No louvres. Just stick-on net shades! :cool:
Then Go-Kart No. 1 came along (VP Commodore/Toyota Lexcen CSi-cross).
Still on the road and used by a painter and decorator locally!

1612751615613.jpeg

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Louvers are huge in the mustang scene. Hell they stick'em on their side windows too.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
thought they were easy to get on and off, and mine did not rattle.

Yes, simple to get on and off, once aligned correctly. I had rattles. Of the tapers. Of the wonky radiator. Of the louvre (at speed). My marbles. Just about anything that could rattle, constantly did.

Those louvres had a manufacturing date of 1980 stamped on the underside. You might just see a few older cars puttering around Nimbin/NSW with these plastic louvres on. Among many other visual aberrations...