Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last holden I will ever buy.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
lol matey, most people here will agree the alloytec is very lacklustre in VZ given its maximum outputs and considering its a brand new engine with more than a decade of technological advancements behind it compared to the old ecotec and buick. For what it is, it should have been so much more.

But the product is what it is. You test drove it, you bought it, you made the wrong choice.

At the end of the day, its your fault, not Holdens. If you wanted performance you should have bought a V8. Thats why Holden sell them. I can't believe you'd spend so much money on anything without knowing the product first. If performance is so important to you why didn't you consider it in the test drive? It was just an ignorant decision, simple.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If I had an issue with oil consumption in an early 5.7 V8 you would all be listening.
Bow to the almighty GOD HOLDEN who can do no wrong !

Oil consumption and piston slap in the early Gen III's is well documented and most (all?) should have been rectified in the warranty period. I had 3 Gen III's and never had any excessive oil consumption nor piston slap. My VYII did ping a bit when getting off the line when towing but that's about it.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If I had an issue with oil consumption in an early 5.7 V8 you would all be listening.
Bow to the almighty GOD HOLDEN who can do no wrong !

No we wouldn't, we would say get it fixed because that is a problem. Having a V6 that is not fast is hardly a mechanical issue, it is an owner issue that bought a car without testing it before buying. Not sure how Holden can fix owner stupidity under warranty?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
No we wouldn't, we would say get it fixed because that is a problem. Having a V6 that is not fast is hardly a mechanical issue, it is an owner issue that bought a car without testing it before buying. Not sure how Holden can fix owner stupidity under warranty?

Hit the owner over the back of the head with a large blunt object :p

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
I think this may be just a case of an owners expectation exceeding the alloytec 190`s capabilities.

I am happy with mine, the mrs prefers to drive the ute over our turbo falcon and she reckons it got more power despite the fact that it doesnt.It boils down to personal impressions.