Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last holden I will ever buy.

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
This is straight from the Holden sales thingy

Irresistable performance.
Unprecedented value.

Its here,Its now. It has a new name written all over it. The special edition SVZ Ute.Style, power,sports performance and a host of bonus features- all focused on delivering a massive on road presence and extreme driving pleasure. And all at price that will astound you. This is the one you`ve been wating for.go harder. Live the ledgend

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
We are talking about the Ute which is 190

Aha! there is where my confusion lies :bang:

torquative said:
yeh each to their own. People pick on my acclaim, "its a 4 speed, its 175 kw" blah blah blah but I dont care, it suits me for how I drive it and I still get 600 kays out of a tank of fuel.

We just pick on the driver :p:whistling

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
"Built to work, engineered to last, designed to enjoy". No mention of performance !

The thing i find funny about that line is that if you option the omega ute with a manual you get the high output motor.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
No not really, as that involves an assumption on your part that ALL turbo charged vehicles are performance cars.

Holden, in their promotional material STATE the car has a "High performance edge".

They never specified what the high performance edge was over, hence, YOU are the one who made the assumption.

And at the end of the day, you're the one tearing up about it, not Holden, so they win again it seems.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It does have the 190kw badge, and 190kw was listed as spec on the promotional material. Redbook lists output as 187kw ?

And they tell people that the engine in the VL is a 5 litre. Whats your point? 3KW at the fly is going to be unrecognisable at the wheels.

You bought a 6 cylinder car, you expect it to feel different from the car you currently drive, you obviously didnt test drive it well enough to ascertain that it had no real difference whatsoever in your opinion. You Lose

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No not really, as that involves an assumption on your part that ALL turbo charged vehicles are performance cars.

Holden, in their promotional material STATE the car has a "High performance edge".

Those words are a relative comparison. When compared to many other utes (particularly the commercial tins that are about) it does have a "High performance edge". Really I think you are clutching at straws trying to justify a bad choice caused by lack of diligence on your part.

Reaper

coffee_mogul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SVZ Ute
lose as in didnt get the alledged Peformance, yes.

The car will be replaced eventually with something better. It is funded by my company and I claim the depreciation, so at least im not out of pocket personally.
Holden wont see me for my next new car purchase, or the one after that. will they miss me, i doubt it. will i test drive the next new car more enthusiastically, absolutely. The shame is how good the dealers service centre is too bad they only service holden and hyundai.

coffee_mogul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SVZ Ute
Those words are a relative comparison. When compared to many other utes (particularly the commercial tins that are about) it does have a "High performance edge". Really I think you are clutching at straws trying to justify a bad choice caused by lack of diligence on your part.

Reaper

i have already accepted my choice. I have also stated the car is fine for the task at hand and let down by the engine. Just unimpressed with the alloytec 190, and the way it is marketed. given the alloytec is here to stay, and now i know better, will never buy another holden. the alloytec was a clean sheet design and could have been much more than the final result. the effort to produce the 190 was futile based on the outcome and meagre increase in power and torque. you have to ask why holde bothered at all. surely they could have re tuned the 175 for a similar modest gain.

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
And they tell people that the engine in the VL is a 5 litre. Whats your point? 3KW at the fly is going to be unrecognisable at the wheels.

You bought a 6 cylinder car, you expect it to feel different from the car you currently drive, you obviously didnt test drive it well enough to ascertain that it had no real difference whatsoever in your opinion. You Lose

I dont get your point. The VL did have a 5 ltr (as displayed on the rear by the 5.0 badge) as well as the NA 3ltr and FI 3ltr also the 4.9 ltr was in the Group A`s

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i have already accepted my choice. I have also stated the car is fine for the task at hand and let down by the engine. Just unimpressed with the alloytec 190, and the way it is marketed. given the alloytec is here to stay, and now i know better, will never buy another holden. the alloytec was a clean sheet design and could have been much more than the final result. the effort to produce the 190 was futile based on the outcome and meagre increase in power and torque. you have to ask why holde bothered at all. surely they could have re tuned the 175 for a similar modest gain.

Clean sheet design to start with maybe but the thing is a compromise as it had to be engineered for both fwd and rwd applications. The reason the motor came about was to comply with the EuroIII (?) and IV (?) emission standards that are being introduced over the next few years. It has the ability to introduce technologies such as direct injection and other fuel saving/power increasing technologies over the next few years. Holden currently have direct injection in engineering and reliability evaluation trials.

I really think the thing is too small for such a big heavy car and anybody who expects them to be anything more than transport is kidding themselves.

Reaper