Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Dash Lights

V

VZ SS 57

Hi All,

I am A new member to this forum. I would like to take this opportunity to say a quick hello to all. :w00t:

This is the First thread I have read on this forum and can say that I am very Impressed at the information past through to readers. Keep Up the Good Work. :hit:

V

VZSV6

phreddy i need another kit for a mate that has a 300kw gto monaro canu do it for us

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Firstly, welcome VZ SS 57. And thanx 4 the kind wurdz!

G'Day again VZSV6 - been a while mate! Have a solution for your ign switch ring trouble too. Now, which model is the Munro?? It depends entirely on the type of cluster that's used. (ie - if it's a VX type cluster, then it can be done but its really a much bigger job. Also one that I haven't done before, and I don't really feel so great about having a GTO for a "guinea-pig"! :eek: )

And now a message to all those who are genuinely interested in a conversion - either a kit or my own installation - a recent rise in interest has prompted me to create a mailing list, through which I can keep everyone up to date with the progress. As I've raved about before, I will buy in the surface mount LEDs if I can move enough kits to cover the cost. When I have sufficient numbers, then I'll go ahead.

So, those who are fair dinkum - send me a PM or an e-mail, and I'll add you to the list. :thumbsup:

Plus I'd like to say a big THANX to the guys who have trusted me with their "babies", and the fellas down south who bought the first of the "DIY kits". The results have been excellent, and honestly the photos don't do it justice.

Cheerz All!

L

leenath

Totally wicked Phreddy!! Well done mate. I just picked up a Phantom Mica SV8 the other day and I think it would look "fully sick" (as they say) to have the dash decked out in red LEDs. I'll PM you so you can add me to the mailing list.

scott.waldon

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman 5.7L
I am new to just commodores and i have been looking thought here and this cars look sick!!! good job, pitty im on my L's and cant efford a Commodore. (yet!!!). Keep up the sick conversions.

M

metaxus

Hi Phreddy,

Great work so far, looks excellent!

Have you done any HSVs?

My boss just picked up a brand new Senator and really likes the look of blue dash... We're an electronic repair centre so we've all got SMD reworking skills, and I'm sure if you have a kit, we could install it.

How much would it work out for the VZ Senator, with the radio, and climate control?

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Sounds Gr8 M8! ;)

PM to follow soon.

Cheerz!

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
First with the complete blue dash

Hey Preddy, changing the indicators to blue to complete the full blue dash was the icing on the cake as I just can't stand the colour green. On the way home I was all over the road just so I could use the indicators. Lucky there were no cops about as they would have put the bag on me!!!!!!!!
If anyone is going to change their dash lights go the whole hog, you don't have to go full blue or any other coulour, you can always have another token colour as I chose yellow for the fog light indicator, (in fact I think a yellow dash would look great too).
I suggest anyone reading this thread contact the guru and get your cheque in the mail, you won't regret it.
Thanks again mate and see you soon.

xcaluber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
This would propably be your first South African order. pm will be send.

You don't do house calls in sunny South Africa do you? :rofl:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Thanks Furrhead - I'm really pleased that you like it. You can keep the honour of the blue blinker lights Mate - I don't mind 'em green! ;) (gonna change the foggy to yellow though!)

Got your e-mail X, you should have mine back by now. Sorry Mate, don't do South Africa!

Keep the interest rollin' in boys and girls, VY owners too! Numbers are slowly growing so a buy-in hopefully won't be too far away.

Cheerz! :thumbsup: