Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

led dash

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I am working on the idea of aiming a few red led's at the glass panel (that thing behind the display panel).

This way the markings will still come up as white but the guage needles will come up as red. Will make things more interesting this way!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
the needles have color on them if ya want white paint them white if ya want red paint red

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I was thinking of keeping them as white by day but when they are lit up at night they come up red.

I am sure it can be done without painting?

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I've been thinking about something similar and the idea I came up with is..

For instance if you want red.. put a red LED where the needles are supposed to go, and use some cardboard to even electrical tape to seal off the LED next to the needle from the rest of the cluster. I'm going to take mine apart again soon and re-do the whole lot, so I'll be trying this also.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
How strong were the LED's you used? 5000mcd or more?

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I'm going to do mine soon.
What I wan't to do is buy a second hand cluster to do all the changes on so I don't have to rush. Does anyone know if I do this can I just put the part that will be modified into my existing cluster or is that the part that stores the K'ms. I just don't wan't to have to get it fixed with a Tech2.
Thanks.