Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

led dash

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Ooh.. the suspense is killin me! Hurry up and get the pics up then.

TigerVX.. I forget how it all comes apart.. but I'm fairly sure the metal contacts that you need to solder to (the board with the contacts on it) contain all the electrical parts. So it wouldn't be a straight swap over. The KMs/Trip computer would be different.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
What a let down =(
Not that it's not good or anything, but still very basic and not a whole lot different. But props to the work you've done.

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I had the same thoughts as most of you and did this. It is a prick of a job. But I had fun. I have attached what I did to my car.

Attachments

• dash 1.jpg
    dash 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 193
  • dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 193

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
lsprewell.. nice job mate!

Are they blue LEDs? and how did you make the needles red?

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
They are RGB LED's (Red Green Blue) and they are an all in one LED. So you can change the colours at the flick of a switch.

The red needles are actually orange, but there are a few different shades whether it be sun fade or what , its just a matter of looking at a wreckers and finding the darkest set possible. (Just a hint - they can also be painted and if done right, they will lighten up, but there is a better method)

I will be doing another mod to this shortly and will be making it possible to change the colour of the needles as well at the flick of a switch.

Stay tuned..................