Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

levymetal's VN

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I must say levy, i am quite a fan of the ride height on your VN, but i reckon you should go with some 18's!! 18's would make your car look very low indeed!!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Well hurry time up a bit and get your a*s down to a KK meet!! I'm sick of looking at round ended frickin VS's and VR's :p
Whats wrong with vr/vs' ya bastard?

I must say levy, i am quite a fan of the ride height on your VN, but i reckon you should go with some 18's!! 18's would make your car look very low indeed!!

Its not really that low man dont you read?....
Thank the 5 people in the car for ride height :p, would love it to sit there all the time but FE2 isn't too bad. Crappy shocks means it sits a lil lower than it's supposed to as well.

But anyway.
Not a bad car man, just be prepared to cop crap about gas if you come along to any of the cruises lol :p
Like the boot install, its clean, and hides the gas tank well!

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I want to remove the bellmouth, and after that I have to reset the ecu... I was wondering if it is safe to reset the ecu because I am on lpg? The reason that I ask is that I thought the ecu might be specially mapped for lpg or something... I don't know much about engines so I'd better be safe than sorry. I'm really lacking low down power and this might just help

Last edited:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
very nice mate :) 20L/100km? how much do you thrash this thing? haha i think there is an economy thread at the moment in the vn section and morton gave a post with things that should be done for economy, might be worth a look?

overall very nice car, paint your bumpers and it will look sex :) even though yours looks better then mine i really noticed how much better it looked when i painted the bumpers....

AND dont worry, its only resets the ecu, doesnt wipe anything.... im on gas aswell and ive done it heaps of times, so its fine :)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hahahaha we pay gas out alot @ our KK meets because you get more power from petrol. Sure there are cars out there pulling mass power figures on LPG, but in our crew, most of us aren't pulling massive power figures from stock. Ask marcus, his VK can actually spin wheel a little bit now he uses petrol bwahahahaha.

And seb (grinfked limo) had his changed from LPG to petrol, he says it's because the LPG was stuffing the carbys up, but i secretly think it's because he felt alone. :p hahahaha

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Whats wrong with vr/vs' ya bastard?

Its not really that low man dont you read?....

But anyway.
Not a bad car man, just be prepared to cop crap about gas if you come along to any of the cruises lol :p
Like the boot install, its clean, and hides the gas tank well!

It's not exactly standard ride height either Geoffery, it's sitting on 17" VT SS wheels and it's not far off tucking tyre :p

VR's and VS's are sweet, just not when you are surrounded by 20 million of them every week at KK :p WE NEED MORE FREAKIN VN'S AND VP'S. DAMN YOU FOR LEAVING DANIEL!! :p

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
haha not only do you lose power on lpg, but the lifetime of being on lpg has probably made the engine weaker than petrol would have. you don't have to worry about me being a hoon at the meets, foot flat = no wheelspin (or car movement, you could probably run faster) on petrol or lpg. trying to do a burnout? impossible! even in the wet sometimes i have put my foot flat and the wheels didn't spin, and i have bald rear tires.

this removed bellmouth better fix low down performance! (doing it today)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hahahaha it's all good we didn't think you would be doing silly stuff anyway.

Let us know how the bellmouth removal goes. Just remember, as soon as you start her up after taking it out, your car will idle erratically, so when you start her up, hold the revs at around 3grand for about 10 seconds to reset the computer, Then turn the car off, and re start her. Then she should idle sweet.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i don't think i can do it, the mixer for the gas is really close to the throttle body and it won't budge, don't think i can get myself enough room. i'll get my mechanic to do it next time i have a service, can't risk not being able to get it back together!