Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

levymetal's VP CALAIS HSV ENHANCED 5LTR

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
man, i wouldve gone with the international no question. those things are rare to find a decent one. unique interior too.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
just looked then, 2 days after i bought mine he dropped the price on that international - $5000 with rwc and the long reg. looks ok too, glovebox is wrong colour though and it's missing the spats but apart from that it's good. someone buy it!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I think there were less than 300 Red VP Calais' that were HSV enhanced (this is the 2nd one i've seen, the first was also the only factory manual V8 Calais i've seen). And other than that, i've only seen 2 non HSV enhanced Red VP Calais 5Ls.

Blame me for him choosing this over the international, i convinced him to get the one with the sunroof.

Tops you bought this one man, thos problems could be fixed easily. The aircon might only be the belt is missing (both mine were like that when i bought them), if not, it'd only be $150 or so for a regas.
Powersteering might be a killer tho, if it needs a new rack. Make friends with a decent mechanic!!

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
yeah international over the stocko calais.

You should have shopped around dude.
I looked at a few statos and caprices bfore i got mine. And the one i have was best outa the lot.

But chin up, im sure it will be all good once things are fixed.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah international over the stocko calais.

You should have shopped around dude.
I looked at a few statos and caprices bfore i got mine. And the one i have was best outa the lot.

But chin up, im sure it will be all good once things are fixed.

I bought my international without looking at any other cars. Sure some things broke or wore out, but thats life (was 10/yo at the time).

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Blame me for him choosing this over the international, i convinced him to get the one with the sunroof. Tops you bought this one man, thos problems could be fixed easily. The aircon might only be the belt is missing (both mine were like that when i bought them), if not, it'd only be $150 or so for a regas.
Powersteering might be a killer tho, if it needs a new rack. Make friends with a decent mechanic!!

that's right i listened to the man WITH an international about buying one! yours may look good but stock i hate it. wheels are ugly, granted so are mine though. and the pinstripe just looks terrible. paint may have been faded too, who knows. and i love red cars, i just can't get enough of them. whatever my next car is, that's going to be red too. nothing more pleasing to look at than red.

Well the belt is there, regas will be coming up but hopefully it doesn't have a leak. Power steering definitely isn't the rack (yet) because the leak is under the radiator. LOOKS like the pumps may be leaking, onto some unrelated hose which goes under the radiator. either that or the auto trans cooler. nothing big.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just read, that inter didn't have the spats. Glad i turned you away from it then. Its hard to get them looking factory once there off. Sure its a limited edition, but so is a HSV enhanced Calais. Being red was the sealer, if it was white or blue or something, i would've said go with the inter. But red is special (being that its VERY rare for Holden to paint one of their luxury models Red, eg, the 1 WH Grange thats red, now thats RARE)

Power steering is probably just the high pressure hose. They are common to leak through the fittings that screw into the back of the pump. Make sure you don't run it dry, otherwise you'll **** the pump aswell.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like tranny cooler leak then

He said unrelated hose, which led me to believe it was eaing out the back of the pump (where the fittings screw in) and going down the hose. Mine did the same.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yeah well the p/s fluid was low, i topped it up (been living with the p/s leak in my vn for 1 and a half years now anyway haha). trans fluid looks ok but it's always halfway up the dipstick anyway. steering is squeaky on sharp turns, mech thinks the belt may be slipping.

here's the links to both cars:
1992 HOLDEN CALAIS VP II Private Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

1992 HOLDEN CALAIS VP Private Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

you can see it's missing at least 1 spat, looks ok though. but so does mine!