Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light blue king springs?? wtf

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
hi all, from my experiences (which are limited) i have found that king springs tend to be yellow.. in the car i have bought i have the yellow kings in the front stamped with the SSL and product numbers, but in the rear i have light blue springs with no stamps on them? upon purchase i received the box to the springs (which also had the stock springs so im assuming they havent just cut them) but it had product numbers on top.. im sure i can find it if it well help anyone with my mystery.

anyhow.. today when i was painting up my calipers and drums i noticed one had slipped off the bump stop... so i am just wondering if these are cut springs and i should replace or if anyone knows the brand etc.. im seriously lost.

cheers guys

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
sound like IBACH springs maybe LOVELL . check your shockers may not be short stroke shocks fitted allowing the springs to fall out of position .

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
If there cut springs, id take em out & replace them with proper lowered springs. Yeah they could be Lovell springs.

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
Yeah i'd put my money on lovells.

you all guessed it right, the mechanic has said lovells.

my only suspicions laid with when i got my exhaust on the guy said i needed a full new rear suspension setup cos the springs were cut and the shocks weren't going to support them.

the mechanic today said everything was find bar a few bushes which are soon to be replaced