Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light in glovebox??

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
No glovebox or centre console light in my sep 08 clubby either.

I'm stumped now! The glovebox light was deleted during the MY09 series, just not sure when! Where is the centre console light supposed to be? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
I'm stumped now! The glovebox light was deleted during the MY09 series, just not sure when! Where is the centre console light supposed to be? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

In my old ve calais it was in the centre arm rest storage , lift the lid and the light was about half way down on the drivers side.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
In my old ve calais it was in the centre arm rest storage , lift the lid and the light was about half way down on the drivers side.

Thanks for that clarification. I just checked my centre arm rest, and no light either (The SV6 models probably never had one there). Cheers.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Lights in both on 07 senator here

On omega etc you will see the console has a small plastic cap where the light would go. Approx 40mmx20mm dimensions. I'm not sure if the loom is there (probably is)

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
My ute is a June 08, and no glove box light. Id guess the loom is still there, but just need the light to plug in :S

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
something interesting for ute owners a bloke on ls1 forums pulled his 09 sv6 ute dash apart when installing speakers and found the loom was there for the glovebox light and the globe as well was just unplugged. lol i think the console light is only in calais range.

it490

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Glove Box Light

I own a 2009 VE SV6 which also didn't come with a glove box light, I have rung Eagers at Newstead Brisbane, and they were very helpful. They advised that the 2009 wiring harness for the glove box light was deleted in this model run. However they have ordered the parts for me (approx $20) and are going to fit one for me at a total cost of around $50

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
yeh I have a ve ss my 9 March delivered no glovebox light either. I will inspect for wiring harness and put a led one in myself.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If the VE wiring harness is like the VY, the console bin light kit comprises a separate sub-harness to connect to the existing harness within the console, the light, bulb and switch. You will need to obtain the full kit, not just the light.

QWK-11E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
If the VE wiring harness is like the VY, the console bin light kit comprises a separate sub-harness to connect to the existing harness within the console, the light, bulb and switch. You will need to obtain the full kit, not just the light.

can you obtain the full kit from holden?? any1 have a price or part number?