Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light tint

Louiechewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
So is it actualy illegal? Or us there a certain darkness you can have it? I love the look of it, what's the process?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if you are talking about tailight/headlight tint most people use VHT paint. cant think of the name of it but its some tinting paint.
it is just sprayed on lightly. and you do not need much of it. let it dry to see how dark it will be.

as for legallities, i have no idea.
but i doubt it would be exactly "legal" to some extent

and when i first read the title i thought you were talking about a very light grade of window tint.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
If your talking about tinting ligh covers I'm pretty sure it's illegal. For your windows zero on windshield 25% on driver and front passenger windows? And as dark as you want on all the rears...I think anyways
I'm sure a search would find you the answers anyways

Louiechewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
lol, i can see where you get that from :p i should of explained it better. I was talking about the headlight/taillight tint. I ordered online this contact stuff, im not sure how well it will go. I have looked in supercheap and autobarn for similar items, but they had nothing.

Louiechewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
If your talking about tinting ligh covers I'm pretty sure it's illegal. For your windows zero on windshield 25% on driver and front passenger windows? And as dark as you want on all the rears...I think anyways
I'm sure a search would find you the answers anyways
thanks, i had no idea you could go as dark with the rear windows. Thats some useful information :) might look into it in the near future.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Pretty sure it's not as dark as you want on rears. Check the RTA's (or whatever authorative body you have) website for information on darkest legal tinting.

As for the headlight/tail light paint. Pretty sure its illegal on headlights, and tail lights I think are illegal too, however, a very light coat will probs not attract the cops too much, but the darker you go, the more of a target you will become. It's called NightShade. Can get it from supercheap or any auto store.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I wasn't quite sure...but I'm pretty sure you can go dark on the rears...but yeah probably best to give It a search

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
In WA, it's illegal to tint your lights unless the vehicle originally came out with it already on there. i had mine done and they pinged me for it. Only a matter of time until you get caught.

As for window tint, if you have a wagon or van, then you're allowed to have the 35% on the fronts, and as dark as you want all around as it's classified as a commercial vehicle, and not a private vehicle. Private vehicles (sedans, hatches etc) are not allowed to have them done.

just finished putting it on my 4WD, and OMG it's black.......can see so clearly out the windows, but no one can see inside the car which is fantastic.

Front windscreen you're allowed to have a very faint tint, more so to alleviate the UV rays more than getting it actually tinted.

kdoohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
IMG_0069.jpg
thats my car and iv only been warned about it once but
your not allowed to tint your taillights or headlights iv been told by police if you give it a light spray on a dark car it wouldnt attract as much attention. but my car is white and my taillights are black and i do get pulled over and my mate got a defect for it last week.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Have fun voiding your insurance to.