Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limited edition

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VC 50th Anniversary Commodore
my apologies for the 'fake'...still too new at this.
Ok here's what i know....

the first question i'm sorting...did this run of cars all come issued with identical specs or could they be ordered with extras from factory? Becuase if they were all the same, i can tell you heaps about these cars. This contact of yours has shed some light on this as far as that they may have been able to be ordered with different spec....which opens up another cans of worms so to speak. Ours was fitted with mud flaps and treated with 'ENDRUST" before it was delivered. The previous owners of our's fitted air-conditoning and power steering in later years....they gave us all the reciepts for everything they had ever spent on the thing.

The 'Holden broadcast production' sheet taped to the floor pan under the carpet under the driver's seat states ours was an 'L' body. "

"Commemorative Gold 3008" which i can only assume is the paint colour and code, is handwritten above a crossed out code, i believe it is Contessa Gold and have had serveal people who knew about the cars, say this was the colour they came in.

I believe this run of cars was also the first numbered run GMH ever put out...still waiting on solid confirmation of this too.
They came with a numbered medallion and a numbered bottle of commemorative Port also...all numbers matched. One of the contacts i have made in SA had one and told me of the port and medallion being numbered along with the car...he still has the medallion and port but sady the car got scrapped due to rust. They had a decal on the front guards and a numbered plaque on the passenger side dash. Ours is an 'L' body with SL/E rims/trims/interior, 6 cyl blue motor and a 3-speed auto_Ours is number 230.

There were only 300 made, i have this in an original letter to the previous owners of our car from GMH. They were all built in Adelaide which explains why no-one over here knows about them. I have tried contacting Holden directly but even they can't or won't help. If what you say is correct about them changing their minds, it could be either 250 or 300 as stated in our letter...as i have had equal number of people say both numbers to me. They may have had the letters typed up and signed to add the postal address in at the last minute, and having not had enough orders to fill the 300 originally , may have cut the run short by 50...who knows we may both be correct. i'll keep you posted on what i manage to dig up.

Hopefully this fills in some of the gaps for you and i would love to hear more about their history as i'm trying to document it all to keep with the car.
Lou.

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
Sounds cool. Post some pics!!!!

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
i'll try hainzy...:) new at this. try this link...

golden-lady-albums-more-golden-lady-picture110763-p5300016.jpg

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
Howd you go with the pic mate?

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hainzy...i joined and uploaded pics at photobucket but i'm buggered if i can get them to here.....help

Attachments

• 5511155611_c06a35021b_m.jpg
    5511155611_c06a35021b_m.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 259

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
bugger me it worked....yay!

classic48

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 50th anniversary VC commodore
Well Golden Lady seems we have tracked down 6 of these "anniversaries" your 2(*** & 230),Mine (112),178,one in Taz & one in NSW.I also heard of another one allegidly here in SA (Port lincoln/Whyalla area).The one scrapped makes production down to 249/299 pending on original numbers.That would leave 242/292 left to be accounted for would be happy to assist with any research on this model/production.
Cheers Leith

luda

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vh sle vk 85 vr acclaim 95 n a vr hsv cluby 94
has any one know any thing a bout a vc vb vh or vk with a limited edition ford interior the door cards have black leather on top like vc hdt then a red pin strip then a daimond pattern really dark blue velour to black carpet

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Ford interior in a commodore?

But anyway have seen something similar to that, was a special edition VH SLE given to high-selling dealers as a gift *i think*

luda

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vh sle vk 85 vr acclaim 95 n a vr hsv cluby 94
i have a green center console c2105026