Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limited Slip Differential

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes, but a true-trac requires you to apply power to get it to lock ;)

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
The hi ace van peels around every round about easy and without abit of a stab... on the other hand, don't park it on a leaf or it will get stuck..

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
I may be late to the party and sorry if its already been said but RE92 are pretty **** tyres in the wet. I used to lose traction all the time taking off and going around corners even at low speads in my old Executive. Was so bad sometimes i had to just idle around the corner so it wouldnt slide.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Beware of LSD. I had a 5.0L VN with LSD and Yoko A539 tyres, brilliant in the dry, deadly in the wet, a very light pedal from the lights would put the rear down the camber with both rear wheels spinning. And that was with old fart driving.
I'm not saying that LSD is bad, it needs respect.

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
figjam said:
Beware of LSD. I had a 5.0L VN with LSD and Yoko A539 tyres, brilliant in the dry, deadly in the wet, a very light pedal from the lights would put the rear down the camber with both rear wheels spinning. And that was with old fart driving.
I'm not saying that LSD is bad, it needs respect.

Ha Ha yes I had a 1990 VN wagon, dangerous enough even as V6 without LSD!

jwaye2 said:
I may be late to the party and sorry if its already been said but RE92 are pretty **** tyres in the wet. I used to lose traction all the time taking off and going around corners even at low speads in my old Executive. Was so bad sometimes i had to just idle around the corner so it wouldnt slide.

Yes - I'm pretty much convinced the RE92's are a big part of my problem. Appreciate your comment anyway.