Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Line level pinout for VF Mylink

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had schematics of the boards in the VF mylink unit?
I was going to try soldering some wires to line level pinouts on the circuit board then mount some RCA outlets on the chassis.

I've seen this was able to be done on earlier commodore radios (VT/VY etc). Surely just a matter of finding the source signal before it enters the integrated power amplifier

Cheers

M

mwb235

Hi there,

I was going to try soldering some wires to line level pinouts on the circuit board then mount some RCA outlets on the chassis.

I've seen this was able to be done on earlier commodore radios (VT/VY etc). Surely just a matter of finding the source signal before it enters the integrated power amplifier

Cheers

Not sure if it’s what youre asking for, but there’s some stuff in this thread that might help (I’m sure there’s heaps of others but I haven’t searched):

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/bose-amp-wiring-question.271219/

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...Surely just a matter of finding the source signal before it enters the integrated power amplifier...
Sending an internal signal a centimeter or two along a circuit board track to an integrated amplifier has rather different design conditions as compared to sending a signal to an external amplifier via potentially a few meter long RCA lead. The internal signal will almost certainly not be at the correct RCA voltage level nor would the circuirty be able to feed the impedance as expected with RCA cables feding some RCA inputs on an Amp. There would almost certainly be a need for some RCA conditioning/drive circuitry that would adjust the internal signal available on the circuit board to those expected by the RCA standard and pushed out the RCA plugs... If you're lucky the MyLink circuit board may have provision for such conditioning/drive componentry and RCA plugs which have been simply ommitted from the circuit board itself. But even if this is the case, you'd still need access to some design docs to know what compontents need to be added where (unless you're an electronics guy who designs such things then it'd be a piss in the park).

Can something be bodged up and made to work... yes... can it be made to work so the best sound signal is recieved by the external AMP? Guess that last part depends on how the mod is done and whether it's done with correct electronic design principles in mind :)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi there,

Cheers
If you have a Calais V, you already have the line level which is at the rear amp. All other MyLink radios will send the speakers out as amplified. The unit is made by Panasonic.

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
Yeah unfortunately as i have a non-V calais I have the non-bose stereo. I guess the only practical way is to use line level converters.
But won't that affect the front and reverse sensor beepers? They're loud enough as it is.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Seems that selection between line level out and speaker out is software controlled (though not user selectable). Read this post for details.

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
Seems that selection between line level out and speaker out is software controlled (though not user selectable). Read this post for details.

Interesting, looks promising just need to find someone ideally in Adelaide who can enable the line out mode. That way i should be able to patch in a power amp for the speakers.
As for amps, i was looking at a 2nd hand Rockford Fosgate PBR300FX4. Are they any good and where is the best place to put it?