Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Line lockers?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's true - if you hook the locker up to the rear brake lines, you can lock them off :)

But if you're going to ever use the line locker to launch a manual hard at the lights, you want the locker set up on the front brakes :) Nobody likes fiddling with commodore handbrakes during a launch :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
That's true - if you hook the locker up to the rear brake lines, you can lock them off :)

But if you're going to ever use the line locker to launch a manual hard at the lights, you want the locker set up on the front brakes :) Nobody likes fiddling with commodore handbrakes during a launch :p

I use my clutch pedal when i launch. Line locker is cheating:p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
But then you can do that dreadfully unrealistic thing they do in Hollywood, and spin the rear wheels before actually launching - in a manual car :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
But then you can do that dreadfully unrealistic thing they do in Hollywood, and spin the rear wheels before actually launching - in a manual car :D

Fast and the furious strikes again!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
So I'm not trying to start the old spool war, just asking for my own curiosity because I've never driven one.

How do you find your tyre life? What tyres do you run and how long do they last?

How is the control in the wet compared to a differential car?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tyre life depends on what you buy. I have Falkens, and they last ages. While its simple physics that your using tread when you turn, you wont be able to notice a difference between your spooled car and your non spooled cars tyres after the same k's.

Wet weather driving is no different. It will only break traction when your foot makes it.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
ok two questions here sorry there probly gay

-do line lockers lock the front brakes or "clamp" the rears so they dont work at all? (heard rumors they can do both)

-with spools wouldn't 90 degree parking suck ass?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, they can do either.

People at the drags use them like they were intended, to lock the front brakes on. Burnout people like me, use them to cut the back brakes off.

No, parking is fine. The amount of people i see who can't even park a completely stock exec is more of a concern than a spool lol

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
Line lockers can be set up to do either.

Mine is setup to lock out the rears (you just hook into the rear brake circut and reverse the direction of flow through the valve)
This way you still have full pedal control of front brakes and no rears when activated.