Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liqui Moly products. Any good?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Supercheap are now stocking a wide range of Liquid Moly products at quite good prices. Just wondering if anyone has tried their stuff or has any feedback to share?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Yes they are very good products, actually i think they are No.1 in Europe. The Mos2 Moly additive i use from time to time. The engine cleaner it pretty good and i would like to use their petrol additives. It would be interesting if they ever brought their oils over here.

Thing with Supercheap if its not selling as quick as they like they scrap it, like Pureone Purolator filters, which are probably the best you can buy, and Fuchs oil.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yes they are very good products, actually i think they are No.1 in Europe. The Mos2 Moly additive i use from time to time. The engine cleaner it pretty good and i would like to use their petrol additives. It would be interesting if they ever brought their oils over here.

Thing with Supercheap if its not selling as quick as they like they scrap it, like Pureone Purolator filters, which are probably the best you can buy, and Fuchs oil.
Yeah they had the Pureone filters for like a month I swear, then back to crap again!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i've been looking for the molly products for a while but never seen it here in NZ.

this is a fairly good filter review, after reading it i won't be using fram PH8A filters ever again. the ryco Z9 rates fairly well. may go back to using these

Last edited:

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
lol now we jumped to philters hehe......I would use the following in list of personal preference, Amsoil Filter, PureOne, K&N, Ryco, Genuine, Repco. Doesnt seem to be too many others available in Australia.

P.S THe K&N filters available are apparently the same as the Mobil 1 filter in the U.S so an excellent filter.

Last edited:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
lol now we jumped to philters hehe......I would use the following in list of personal preference, Amsoil Filter, PureOne, K&N, Ryco, Genuine, Repco. Doesnt seem to be too many others available in Australia.

P.S THe K&N filters available are apparently the same as the Mobil 1 filter in the U.S so an excellent filter.

What about the Valvoline filters?

Anyway back onto Liqui Moly products, I notice they have an 'engine' detox' product which is 'supposed' to remove sludge in old neglected engines. My concern would be that loose bit of sludge could block the oil pickup and cause damage. Is that possible?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What about the Valvoline filters?

Anyway back onto Liqui Moly products, I notice they have an 'engine' detox' product which is 'supposed' to remove sludge in old neglected engines. My concern would be that loose bit of sludge could block the oil pickup and cause damage. Is that possible?

it is possible, sludge/carbon buildup can also sometimes maintain some clearances. cleaning out the motor can be bad in this case. it's a risk that you need to weigh up.

i once did the exact thing to a old 3.3 that was running nice, after oil change and a quick spin down the motorway the oil pressure dropped to 0 when i pulled up at the lights. car ran like that for anther couple years with really thick oil:p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, sludge in some old motors can act like mortar between bricks. Holds the whole thing up :p

Getting chunks in your pickup is also a big risk. Especially in motors with a lot of carbon buildup.