Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liquid LPG injection

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
I have done some work on a VZ with this kit, coil pack fried, I am appalled at the kit, I would never put it on my VZ, there are holes drilled in the chassis everywere with no rust prevention, there are high pressure lines chaifing, injector plugs are squashed by the plenum chamber, plenum chamber gaskets are hacked up to prevent injector line chaifing, 2 were still touching, the tank has no manual shutoff tap to be found, PCV breather crushed by injectors wich are being crushed by the plenum chamber

There is to many issues for my liking, good concept but the intake manifold is were most of the issues arise, not enough room for all the extra hardware, it looks to dodgy for me, but I do like it better than the normanl older gas kit, they just need to raise the plenum up about 10 to 20mm with a spacer

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I have done some work on a VZ with this kit, coil pack fried, I am appalled at the kit, I would never put it on my VZ, there are holes drilled in the chassis everywere with no rust prevention, there are high pressure lines chaifing, injector plugs are squashed by the plenum chamber, plenum chamber gaskets are hacked up to prevent injector line chaifing, 2 were still touching, the tank has no manual shutoff tap to be found, PCV breather crushed by injectors wich are being crushed by the plenum chamber

There is to many issues for my liking, good concept but the intake manifold is were most of the issues arise, not enough room for all the extra hardware, it looks to dodgy for me, but I do like it better than the normanl older gas kit, they just need to raise the plenum up about 10 to 20mm with a spacer

thats not good to hear, would one of those mace insulators help, or still not enough clearance?

smasha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hey All. Just had my vz put onto the new gas system and its great. No power loss at all and no problems whatsoever. So far did 450kms to half a tank which is 75 useable litres. No mods done to it at all. Also got a ford xr6 with the same set up and that has no probs either.
Also only took 4 weeks to wait for it to come in and 2 days to do. Pretty good price too.

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
thats not good to hear, would one of those mace insulators help, or still not enough clearance?

Yep I think they would be the go, would probably fix all the issues I have noticed

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive

Are you serious?! I will be raising this with the installer. If this is the case I'm not the type to just let it go.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
would LLPGI work with a supercharger?

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
Out of curiosity were you using pump gas (ie mobil, bp) or the straight propane from Supagas?