Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Little help. google search issue

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yeah nah nothing is working for me nothing found it.. it has now begun with a pop up everytime i click a link on all pages.. real annoying.. but getting along ATM dont really know what more i can do besides for take it to the computer bloke down the road.

Thanks for your help Sashyre.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Alright. Your solution below:

Had this problem with a Customers Computer, and no anti spyware, adware, SAS would remove it. Infact it was like nothing was even there! The 'virus' in question tamperes with the MS host file, which causes the symptoms.
Now we fixed the problem for a bit by changing her host file, and locking it. However after a few days, it started happening again.
Backed everything up, reinstalled windows. Problem fixed.

Now if you want to change the host file, and give that a go. Let me know and I will post up instructions (I.e.: I need to find them)

Else you can just do a backup and reinstall

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i dont know how to back up and reinstall? or the other thing you said either.

The computer today now started changing the 'start' bar to the old school grey one and back again (just randomly) then my computer would not connect to the internet was freezing and **** ran AVG scan and Ad-Aware scan both found 0 threats. internet eventually connected after a system restore. Also it wouldnt allow the system restore had to restart several times befor it allowed it.

So i've had a fun night.. PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Snap. Pretty much to backup any files you want, you can either put them on a second hard drive in your computer (If you have one), or put them on an external hard drive (If you have one). Don't back up any of your local settings and such, just your documents, pictures, and music/movies. If you don't have another hdd or an external, then you have to backup your files onto a DVD (THrough will probabbly have to use a few).

Once you have backed up your files (If you can, or if you are happy with loosing everything, then continue), you need to reinstall your OS... Make sure you have the windows instalation disk, and any driver disks that came with the computer.
Inseart the windows disk! Restart your computer. Depending on the computer, it might have a "Boot Options" when the computer first turns on. You will have to press either f10 or f12 to access that. if it has, then select "Boot from CD/DVD drive". If not, then you need to enter the Bios (Press f1, or f2, or del, or all three at the same time if you are unsure which one it is), and go into advanced Settings and change the First boot device to CD/DVD, and the second to Hard Drive.
Once the above is done, it will come up "Press any key to boot from CD" when you try to start your computer with the Windows Install Disk. PRESS ANY KEY!

Then format your hard drive, and install windows. Its not rocket science... Just follow the promts.

Once windows is installed. Inseart your driver disks, and install all the drivers... Done... + you can download stuff for it like Adobe, flash, java, MSN, anything else you need.

If you are uncomfortable with doing that, take it to a Pro.!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a thing! Before you try all that. Uninstall AVG, Install avast, and run a "Pre Boot Scan". If you are lucky.. Might pick it up... Sounds to be more then the host file. However the IE not working would have been a change in the Proxy settings of IE... Avast: Pre Boot Scan... GO