Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock question...

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Okay, so this might be ridiculously obvious... But, why does my car not have the safety lock thing?

What I mean is, my sister has a vz auto, when she takes it out of park, it automatically locks all the doors.
Does my car not do this because it's a manual?
Do the VE autos have this function?

WHY AM I MISSING OUT?! Sob sob lol.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
My mates vz does this
Its a setting you can turn on and off :)

Your car being a manual will not do this cos it happens when you go out of park!

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Well that's a bit crap... Being a girl I get picky with that kind of stuff... Couldn't care less about the engine & all that kinda jazz... But sunglasses holders on the other hand... Are right up there on my most important list lol.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
even though its a manual there is still a setting through the dash where you can set it to auto lock after starting the engine

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
even though its a manual there is still a setting through the dash where you can set it to auto lock after starting the engine

If you go through the settings you can change it. Mine auto locks the doors once I go over 10kph..
The missus still can't unlock them though, she sits too far back and can't reach the door handle/center console :D

Edit: it will be saved onto the key you use aswell, so auto lights on when unlocking, auto lock doors, etc will be dependant on the key you use

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport

Can someone explain how I do this? In simple terms too please!!

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hold down mode and set whilst turning the key to on, cycle through the menu by pressing mode until you find it

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Hold down mode and set whilst turning the key to on, cycle through the menu by pressing mode until you find it
It's different on VE's, just look in your car manual.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
You need to go into the security setting and their should be an auto unlock/lock function, you can have it lock doors at speed, or out of park, and unlock when in park and choose if you want just the drivers door to unlock or all doors.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Okay, so this might be ridiculously obvious... But, why does my car not have the safety lock thing?

What I mean is, my sister has a vz auto, when she takes it out of park, it automatically locks all the doors.
Does my car not do this because it's a manual?
Do the VE autos have this function?

WHY AM I MISSING OUT?! Sob sob lol.

You arent missing out :).

VE's also have this feature 100%... I know because I use it.
Can't be set while engine is on. Turn key to acc (so radio can turn on), then press steering wheel button "Trip" until you see Options Menu come up.
Then press the button to the left of the trip button (the "Enter" button with a little dot next to it).
Once you enter the menu, navigate to "security" and you can set auto lock and auto unlock seperately.

For instance I have auto unlock when car goes into park, but auto lock only when it gets to 15km/h.

I also use the auto lighting function, where reverse and headlights come on at night when you enter and leave the car. "Ingress" and "Egress" I think it's called.