Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locking is the Central Issue...

RichardOakroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi all,
I have a VS Stato that I have had for a year and a half now and ever since I bought it the drivers door is the only one to operate on the key remote. Which is strange because when I lean over to open the passenger door the actuator in the drivers door operates as well. Another annoying thing is that this actuator has started carrying on like a machine gun just about every time it operates. I have the door apart at the moment and have been poking about with a multimeter and the holden workshop manual but have not been able to sus out the cause of the problem. The same thing happens with the back doors too, when they are operated the drivers door carrys on.
Any ideas?

Richard.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you can try simply adjusting them (pushing pulling and wiggling....!). If the drivers door actuator only works spasmodically then it is either not quite extending as far as it should or it's stuffed.
If it's stuffed a new pack of them is about $40 and you'll have bits left over.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
they can all just be seized. I have seen quiet a few where people go to replace them and they simply just need freeing up again. If when you push the button can you just see the lock move a tiny bit. If so then there is power there and you just need to see why they arnt moving because they are not a very strong actuator. The 2 rear doors have guide rails and links that may all be seized up too. So check all that out before you go to deep into things.