Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locking mechanism

Geoffrey1426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Good morning everyone, wanting to ask a question about the central locking.

Issue iam having is the driver side rear door doesn't unlock/lock with the rest of the doors which we have tried to have a look at the lock itself when taking off the door cards no obvious issues.

Lately the driver side front door has started doing to same thing and I now need to unlock the car with the key with no issues unlocking with a key in the lock. Any way I can fix the issue without taking to a dealership?

Any help to fix the issue will be welcomed.

Vehicle is a VY SS 2003 with 490xxxkm

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Replacing the actuator would be the first guess, however, up here where it has been raining lately, my doors are starting to get hard to open at times.
They unlock fine, but when I lift the handle, it is as if the door has not unlocked all the way

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Good morning everyone, wanting to ask a question about the central locking.

Issue iam having is the driver side rear door doesn't unlock/lock with the rest of the doors which we have tried to have a look at the lock itself when taking off the door cards no obvious issues.

Lately the driver side front door has started doing to same thing and I now need to unlock the car with the key with no issues unlocking with a key in the lock. Any way I can fix the issue without taking to a dealership?

Any help to fix the issue will be welcomed.

Vehicle is a VY SS 2003 with 490xxxkm
Your door lock actuators have decided to call it a day.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Agree, the actuator has failed. Only yesterday I replaced the lock and actuator assy in my VZ front LH door.
On the weekend I found a thread on this forum about repairing a failed lock actuator so I removed it from the door and followed the instructions.
Tested the actuator and great working again. Assembled it back into the door and hey presto, fixed yay, nup. Worked perfectly for about six lock/unlock cycles and failed again. So ordered a brand new lock and actuator assy from my local Holden Dealer and $157.00 later it is FIXED.
Installed it myself but it is handy to have a Workshop manual to consult but I do find they always seem to be very vague on the jobs you are attempting to do.
Cheers
Dave.

Geoffrey1426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Agree, the actuator has failed. Only yesterday I replaced the lock and actuator assy in my VZ front LH door.
On the weekend I found a thread on this forum about repairing a failed lock actuator so I removed it from the door and followed the instructions.
Tested the actuator and great working again. Assembled it back into the door and hey presto, fixed yay, nup. Worked perfectly for about six lock/unlock cycles and failed again. So ordered a brand new lock and actuator assy from my local Holden Dealer and $157.00 later it is FIXED.
Installed it myself but it is handy to have a Workshop manual to consult but I do find they always seem to be very vague on the jobs you are attempting to do.
Cheers
Dave.
Thanks Dave, will head to my local dealership and get a few prices

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
You don't have to buy genuine, try carsrus in your state.
Up here on the sunny coast I buy actuators and window mechanisms from them.