Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a cheap respray in melbourne

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
I was able to sand mine, base coat it and then give it a wet rub to prep, I also hung around and helped the painter mask up and any odd jobs that needed doing whilst he was spraying. Cost me 2 4 packs, $100 and the paint ($400). if you can do some of it yourself it'll take a fair whack off the price. Bear in mind I have some reasonable prep experience and access to the tools through work. Work provided the base paint and paper... Not to their knowledge :p

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Good work aint cheap. Cheap work aint good..

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
yeah im willing to prep it all :) thanks for the feedback!

Just make sure you talk to your painter first. A lot of painters won't touch a job prepped by someone else.

simple wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore Sports Wagon
Unless you either know what your doin, or you dont care about the finish id leave the prep work to a painter because as said earlier painters will rearly paint over someone elses prep, i dont. The better tje prep the better the finish. Good luck with it all.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
if you want semi decent paint and price in abrasives with some primer you wont get much back from a grand, and most of the time it will go over that. i resprayed my calais and between the primer booth hire base, clear and abrasives i spent like 1200 bucks... thats bare cost no labour added to that....

R

richo304

mate go to tafe and get some correct knowledge of how to prep and paint and have a go at it yourself,im doing it this way as i cant agfford to pay 10 to 15 grand for a full respray on my sle,,,,the course is 350$,,,,by the time you buy your supplies it will cost around 1000$ to 1500$

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
love to.. but im already studying management at uni.. and dont have the time