Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a Mafless tune,OTR and headers Need Help :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Legal would be a Maf tune - Tune with the maf inplace

I've been running mafless for 5 years now

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
i would be speaking to sams performance, russo's performance, autowerks aswell. if you only plan to go the bolt on route like mentioned above than i would keep the maf as it isnt a restriction on a bolt on car. to do a maf tune, you do a mafless tune aswel as tune the maf so you get the best of both resulting in a nice car to drive

glaz350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Mate if you live in castle hill its a no brainer use your local guys CHE if you do have any probs its not a f@#k around driving to Penrith etc for a fix,I just took my VE SS A6 to CHE for a full exhaust,CAI and dyno mafless and am more than happy going from a stocker to this is plenty fast.was very happy with workmanship and price.as for leads and plugs I wouldn't change them unless they are due.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
oh yeah, the stock leads are perfectly fine to keep using, and if needed replace with stock ones. the msd coils are a waste of time and money as again the stock ones are more than capable

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
if you want to keep it legal looking but go mafless... what i have done is go with the VCM otr with maf in place but hollowed out so to anyone looking at it the maf is there and plugged in so looks legal, the only way they would be able to tell would be to take the intake apart :)

SamR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CLUBSPORT R8
vvenom32, I was talking to my Performance shop today here in Melbourne, He told me that a "MAF" Tune is better only because of different air temps and density's, With a "MAFLESS" tune the engine will run to rich or lean when it shouldn't, He basically said it will be a DUMB engine because its not using the sensor....Next Friday week im getting 1.5/8 headers and high flow cats, then 2.5 inch system all the way to back with straight trough mufflers...Then that afternoon im getting a MAF tune done on engine and trans...they tell me I will have 250 to 260 RWKW....Around 450hp...:thumbsup:

If you go Mafless thats your call and i hope you get the gains your after...

Cheers

Steve
Hi

im looking for a good place for performance package I’m in Melbourne where do you recommend as I read above you have a place herein Melbourne that you have used.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Hi

im looking for a good place for performance package I’m in Melbourne where do you recommend as I read above you have a place herein Melbourne that you have used.
He hasn’t been logged in since 2016 so you won’t get a response