Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to make power

Mauro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf gts
Hi guys, I wanna bang a cam in a vf gts
I’m looking for some sort of package deal. I’m thinking around 520 to 540 kw at the tread.
I have already done a bigger crank pulley
And Exhuast. Headers to tip and air intake. Any suggestions where I go from here.
would appreciate feed back. Thanks guys.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Where in oz?
GM Motorsport in Melbourne have a package that’ll be close to what you want.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
How many RWKW are you making now?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Will take work. If you have the cash and are ready to spend (don't waste peoples time with dreams) I would speak to Kirk at Interchiller and get his head / cam combo, ported blower, manifold and blower spacer plates, EMP Pump and Interchiller + reservoir kit. You'll need a small upper / large lower pulley from Harrop. Then you'll need to go to e85 so you'll need twin fuel pumps and circa 1200cc injectors and a flex fuel sensor. Budget $12-15k.

I'm currently 470rwkw with similar mods (Higgins and APS cam) to all of the above except missing e85, ported blower and manifold spacers. Currently switching to e85 now and my budget is circa $5k for this and should get me to 520rwkw. That is about the limit of the LSA engine without going built bottom end and bigger blower.

Edit: Tidy up + new info 9/2/22

Last edited:

Coreyhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS
Will take work. If you have the cash and are ready to spend (don't waste peoples time with dreams) I would speak to Kirk at Interchiller and get his head / cam combo, ported blower, spacer plates and his interchiller / reservoir kit. You'll need a small upper pulley from Harrop. Then you'll need to go to e85 so you'll need twin fuel pumps and minimum 1000cc injectors. I'd budget $8-12k to achieve that power figure. I'm currently 470rwkw with all of the above except the e85. Currently switching to e85 now and my budget is circa $5k for this and should get me to 520rwkw. That is about the limit of the LSA engine without going built bottom end and bigger blower.
Hey mate how did you go with the switch to e85? I basically have everything you do except ported blower and heads. You find big difference on e 85?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
@Coreyhsv Still haven't gone across... Had questionable injector data on the 1000's that I wasn't prepared to work with to dial in so I ended up buying a set of DW1200cc injectors from Harrop which I have in my hot little hand. Was hoping to do it today actually so your reply timing was good but I had a few cans last night and now I CBF. Researching garden watering systems instead.

Coreyhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS
@Coreyhsv Still haven't gone across... Had questionable injector data on the 1000's that I wasn't prepared to work with to dial in so I ended up buying a set of DW1200cc injectors from Harrop which I have in my hot little hand. Was hoping to do it today actually so your reply timing was good but I had a few cans last night and now I CBF. Researching garden watering systems instead.
Happens to the best of us mate. Be keen to see how you go mate

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Righto, you spurred me on. Got the injectors in this afternoon. Fuels 10% lean up top so need to tidy that up. Idle and cruise is spot on. Should be ready for e85 in the next week or 2.

Coreyhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS
Awesome mate, be keen to see what the difference is on numbers going from 98 to e85 after everything else youv done to it

Coreyhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS
Will take work. If you have the cash and are ready to spend (don't waste peoples time with dreams) I would speak to Kirk at Interchiller and get his head / cam combo, ported blower, manifold and blower spacer plates, EMP Pump and Interchiller + reservoir kit. You'll need a small upper / large lower pulley from Harrop. Then you'll need to go to e85 so you'll need twin fuel pumps and circa 1200cc injectors and a flex fuel sensor. Budget $12-15k.

I'm currently 470rwkw with similar mods (Higgins and APS cam) to all of the above except missing e85, ported blower and manifold spacers. Currently switching to e85 now and my budget is circa $5k for this and should get me to 520rwkw. That is about the limit of the LSA engine without going built bottom end and bigger blower.

Edit: Tidy up + new info 9/2/22
Did you get your done at forced induction interchillers? I'm looking at getting heads and blower ported but not really sure where is the best place, ideally for drive in drive out