Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Later Sprints had 118hp. Think it was just in the tune. Twist the throttle a bit more, should go not too bad once in the revs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ring the bike shop again, maybe the story will change again, that it was serviced 2k ago? ;)

Get the exhaust changed, to a more free flowing one (less restrictions). Probably won't be legal?
Probably need a tune?
Dropped in and yeah it was about 6k ago.
I thought the aim of buying the bike was to save money, as in ‘spend less’? :cool:
I feel I might need to put you on my ignore list. I don't need this kind of negativity in my life. :D :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes Lex, it will likely need a tune with a new exhaust. I'm not sure of the cost as info on the Net is a bit vague. Some info points bikes needing a new ECM. Not sure if the factory ECM tune can be altered.

I have an oil filter and oil filter socket now. I will hopefully buy oil over the weekend. I suspect we might see a 25% off sale this weekend at Autobarn.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I thought the aim of buying the bike was to save money, as in ‘spend less’? :cool:
True .......... ask the wife of any man with a motorbike.

I am going to buy an EV soon, maybe a KIA EV9 to replace the Territory, because Chris Bowen says it will save me a lot of money on petrol.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hmmm, went for a decent ride tonight. I'm not hugely impressed with the HP. I was expecting it to pull hard with fairly light throttle. I haven't got it much above 4.5k but I was expecting a little more grunt for what is basically a 1000cc bike.

I have looked up the specs and max hp is over 6k and is only 108, on a bike that weighs just over 200kg.

Taking off it feels like I really need about 3k to get it moving. Again I thought light throttle would be all I need.

I think I'm going to need to look at ways to get the torque up. A tune will help I reckon but I don't have a local tuner. May have to wait until I can get to SA and see my tuner and see what he can do.

I think for now I will have to use it as a tourer and commuter until I get some spare coin to do some performance upgrades.

See if you can get some CNC heads from the UK.
If it revs to 6k is it two valve? If so for a bike engine it's going to be limited by valve area, so this will be where the gains come from.

I just checked, it's a 4v, 6k is wayyy to low, it might need some cams.
I would search a UK forum they will know what wakes these up.

1000cc engines should be able to hit 13-15k rpm set up right. 10-13k rpm is where most are happy.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Must have been over three years since I have even ridden
Picked this up tonight
is a heap wider and a lot heavier and different
It's going to take me some time to get used of it.
The test ride I was really nervous
the coming
I was expecting a little more grunt

I think I'm going to need to look at ways to get the torque up.
Chillax man. Baby steps is the way to go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Chillax man. Baby steps is the way to go.
Yeah it will be. Today I've just been working on the plan. Few things need doing. First up is the oil change, then save up $1000 for a service, then do some painting and down the track look at a pipe and tune. No money to spare right now but I'm one to plan my projects well ahead so I like to know what I'm up for.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah it will be. Today I've just been working on the plan. Few things need doing. First up is the oil change, then save up $1000 for a service, then do some painting and down the track look at a pipe and tune. No money to spare right now but I'm one to plan my projects well ahead so I like to know what I'm up for.
$1,000 for a service. My God, what’s the world coming to!
I’ve got a guy coming on Saturday to trim a spotted blue gum tree in my back garden, he’s charging me $1,000 cash.
I’ve worked three days this week and I’ve worked f@#king hard, and my earnings won’t cover what he’s charging for something I’ve no doubt will take him less than half a day.
Fair enough, I understand that arborists are good at what they do and work hard, but even working as a bricklayer I never earned that kind of money.
The f@#king world has gone mad!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
See if you can get some CNC heads from the UK.
If it revs to 6k is it two valve? If so for a bike engine it's going to be limited by valve area, so this will be where the gains come from.

I just checked, it's a 4v, 6k is wayyy to low, it might need some cams.
I would search a UK forum they will know what wakes these up.

1000cc engines should be able to hit 13-15k rpm set up right. 10-13k rpm is where most are happy.
My '85 Suzuki GSXR-750 redlined at 11,000 RPM, limiter cut in at 11,500 RPM.
Stage 1 race kit was a much lighter exhaust and a modified limiter that raised the cut off to 13,8000 RPM.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
GSXRs are awesome sports bikes. Even 15-16 year old ones fetch good money. Just a solid engine that's designed to make HP. I saw a Triumph Daytona 675 on Marketplace and it was full sports bike. It would go harder than my Sprint and corner a lot better. But no way of having a passenger on the back without them complaining the seat is too hard and too small.