Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loss Of Power Brakes On Sudden Stopping VS UTE

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
sounds like your having brake fade after heavy braking and i did experience this in my series one vs ute non abs when it had the standard brakes with the front single piston calipers

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
sounds like your having brake fade after heavy braking and i did experience this in my series one vs ute non abs when it had the standard brakes with the front single piston calipers
Perhaps you are right. But the brakes will act up on a panic stop on the first stop. It does feel like brake fade however.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
Come to think of it perhap I have a sticking caliper? I've never smelled anything funny from them . I will put my temp probe on the rotors on my nest drive to work. Thanks for suggesting possible brake fade it gives me new ideas to test!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What pads are in it? Some are worse than others for brake fade. The stock calipers don't like heavy braking either. I used to get fade a fair bit if using them pretty well going down hills on the VR ute. In the end I would go down in low gear and try not to use them too much. Trailer towing made it worse.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
OK!!! Still working on this thing. I thing I've found the problem!!

The oring on the brake master cylinder is missing. I have on that is too fat and I rolled it on anyway and bolted the master cylinder back up. SO the oring is jammed at the base of the master instead of the housing. I went for a test drive the for the first time since I've owned the car, the brakes LOCKED UP!!! Very happy as I thing I'm on to something.

Question!!

What size ORING is supposed to be on the master cylinder??

THanks soooo mcuh. Sorry it took so long for me to work on it but I've been busy!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Used to have a kit for them.
I don’t think it was an o-ring. I rebuilt a VT master cylinder for my VP and the seals were wedge shaped (for want of a better way to describe them). Not an o-ring.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
Used to have a kit for them.
I don’t think it was an o-ring. I rebuilt a VT master cylinder for my VP and the seals were wedge shaped (for want of a better way to describe them). Not an o-ring.

Can't wait to find the correct one! It's better already with the wrong seal jammed in there! Sooo happy to figure this out!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just buy a kit

These were the ones I was thinking of.
IMG_6257.jpeg
IMG_6259.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is it the standard VS ute MC? If yes I doubt you will find the seal but you may be able to buy a kit. It won't be a gen kit though..