Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost hangers!

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
G'day,

I've got an xforce system and I keep losing the hangers and clips off the rear section of my exhaust!

Has anyone else had the same problem or can anyone offer a solution to this problem? I don't particularly want to keep buying hangers and clips every few weeks!

Cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can bend the tabs on the clips in more so they grip the pin on the hanger better.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Do you mean this part of the exhaust?
If so, I used a cable tie and a hose clamp to hold on the rubber hanger.
You could use this method on any part of the exhaust that has this set up.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Naaf - Yeah the bloke at the exhaust shop said that, but even as they were it was a struggle to get then on!

Nutkracker - I thought about that but can't cant get my hands in there to do it!! Your retainer clip also looks different... Much better than what I've got!

Cheers for the replies. I posted in the xforce thread and got nothing back.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Naaf - Yeah the bloke at the exhaust shop said that, but even as they were it was a struggle to get then on!

Nutkracker - I thought about that but can't cant get my hands in there to do it!! Your retainer clip also looks different... Much better than what I've got!

Cheers for the replies. I posted in the xforce thread and got nothing back.

Hmmm...maybe they don't like trying to solve problems....

Being XForce, it only has the one hanger on the exhaust yeah? Maybe there is too much pressure on it and the rubber breaks then falls off. Is the clip still on the body hanger?

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Hmmm...maybe they don't like trying to solve problems....

Being XForce, it only has the one hanger on the exhaust yeah? Maybe there is too much pressure on it and the rubber breaks then falls off. Is the clip still on the body hanger?

Maybe? Seems a bit poor in terms of social media representation, I mean it's not strictly their problem but still... Help a brother out ay!

It actually has 2 hangers on the exhaust (which seems like a surprise by the sounds of it) I had. A rubber on each and clips on both body hangers. Lost rubber and clip off one most recently and still have 1 holding on!

Ill take a pic when I get a chance.