Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost my licence and 600$ fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
r....its all about revenue to the cops..

Biggest load of bullshit i have ever read. So because you THINK you were safe and you THINK there wasn't danger you consider it revenue? "The cop admitted to following me for 10 min" tells me there was another car pretty close the whole time. Maybe the car is too low for you to handle.
Revenue my arse. If you don't break the law or be a ****wit then they will never score a single cent from you.

(I'm not saying I've never copped a fine, so before people carry on with the age old 'holier than thou' line they copy from everyone else realise yeah, I've been fined before, but only because i was doing the wrong thing and wore it).

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
As far as I know when a thread is moved to the pub the posts made in it while it was in the tech section are discounted.

yeha i was sure they went aswell, so i posted in the thread anyway. :)

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
i got done doing the exact the same speed but in a 80 zone and lost it for 6 months.
and 500 fine.

i didnt get it towed but....

i dont know why

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i just feel like **** it would just make me feel a bit better hearing other peoples stories as well.

Well, heres my story.

After a very long day of work, I was pretty tired. Driving along the highway which I had been for nearly an hour, I done my regular mirror check and noticed a car behind me, on the second check I noticed it was a Copper, looked down at my speedo for the usual speedo check, and bamm Im sitting on about 98km/h, thats right 2km/h under the assigned speed limit. I just kept driving as I usually would, when I got into town the cops went towards the station and I headed home. Hope that story was some inspiration to mirror and speedo check regularly :p

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
this isnt the section to be talking about licence etc...
as it gets peoples post counts up way to easily. (in saying that, +1 to me :D )

and by the way go out and enjoy your car and stop worrying about number of posts!!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hey guys worst night of my life last night.

Was coming home on the freeway last night from central coast and was a quiet sunday night was going along with my business when a cop came up behind me and pulled me ova as i was doing 125kmh, didnt even realize i was going that fast until he put his sirens on.Lost my licence on the spot and 600$ fine with 3months suspended licence.
Absolutly gutted

anyone wanna share there stories???

If that's the worst night of your life, you've got a lot left to live for.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Well i bet you will become more aware of the speed you are going now. I lost my license when I was 16 for speeding 38kmh over the limit in an 80 zone. I appealed and got the license back with 1 demerit point. I now watch that speedo more than i watch the road. sorry to hear about you losing your license dude but should have been paying more attention to your speed. good luck with it all anyway mate.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
same story, i didnt realize someone had lowered my car and thrown a 355ci engine in and dumped the exhaust at the diff.. oh and smoke was pouring out my rear quarters

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Biggest load of bullshit i have ever read. So because you THINK you were safe and you THINK there wasn't danger you consider it revenue? "The cop admitted to following me for 10 min" tells me there was another car pretty close the whole time. Maybe the car is too low for you to handle.
Revenue my arse. If you don't break the law or be a ****wit then they will never score a single cent from you.

(I'm not saying I've never copped a fine, so before people carry on with the age old 'holier than thou' line they copy from everyone else realise yeah, I've been fined before, but only because i was doing the wrong thing and wore it).

Well said!! :thumbsup:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Mate... if that's the worst night of your life... you've got it easy.

Plus you go no one but yourself to blame.

Best you can do is cop it on the chin and take it as a life lesson to smarten up.

Want to go fast? Go to a track. Speed limits are there for a reason. Bet you every boy racer was thinking that he was "just minding his own business" on an empty road just doing a little over the limit right before killing himself or someone else.

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.