Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lost power

kaira

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vs clubsport 5l manual
I have a 96 manual clubsort 5l that had a slight misfire which has now turned into a massive misfire which sounds like the cars not running on all cylinders.but I've also lost power it barely accelerates now. I changed the spark plugs and leads and got a new dissy cap and fuel filter but im running out of ideas.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Dissy rotor & hall effect sensor. Ign module. Check injectors are pulsing, check throttlebody, tps, and IAC.

Those are your next list of items

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Little misfire to massive misfire.

Sounds like you have your firing order wrong.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Put into diagnostics mode check for fault codes then look at usual suspects.

You'll also have to double-check what you did as seems like you made it worse.

Elliott killoran

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golden commodore v6 3.8L 2001
Hey guys I have holden commodore 2001 v6 3800L and whilst driving suddenly there is a loud clicking noise in engine when I push on accelerator and then the the power steering suddenly cuts out and brakes go stiff, once cars slows down the power cuts off and when I turn engine back on the battery light appears! Can anyone help me???

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a 96 manual clubsort 5l that had a slight misfire which has now turned into a massive misfire which sounds like the cars not running on all cylinders.but I've also lost power it barely accelerates now. I changed the spark plugs and leads and got a new dissy cap and fuel filter but im running out of ideas.

Did you get it sorted?

Hey guys I have holden commodore 2001 v6 3800L and whilst driving suddenly there is a loud clicking noise in engine when I push on accelerator and then the the power steering suddenly cuts out and brakes go stiff, once cars slows down the power cuts off and when I turn engine back on the battery light appears! Can anyone help me???

Nope, have you opened your bonnet, sounds like a belt been thrown after either the A/C **** itself or water pump to a Idle pulley.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As Slowvxss says, check your firing order (diagram below).

Attachments

• VR-VS V8 Distributor and Leads.jpg
    VR-VS V8 Distributor and Leads.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 107

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Leads ant earthing out.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Alternator stuffed.