Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low Profile Brake Fluid Reservoir?

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
Hey guys, anyone know if there's another brake fluid reservoir to suit the vt 1 1/4 bore master cylinder which is about an inch lower at the back end (firewall side)?

the reason i ask is that i have a vs brake booster and vt master cyl on my vl, but the vl 5.0l strut brace i bought wont fit in cos it fouls on the top of the brake fluid res so i cant shut the bonnet or it will smash it off.

the options i can see that i have so far are to:

-get another model car's reservoir that will bolt on without too much modification (best option)

-buy 2 remote mounted clutch fluid reservoirs and mount them to the firewall and thread a fitting into the exposed ports of the front and rear circuits of the master cyl. (second fav option)

-find someone to make me a billet one where i will have to take the cap off everytime i want to check levels (bit of a bastard cos i'll have to take off the strut brace to do this anyway i think.)

cheers guys

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Afaik they are all the same dimensions (height) from vt-vz.. why not just modify your strut brace to suit ?

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
theres no way to modify the strut brace alloytec. yeah i will have to go to the wreckers. unfortunately holden and rapeco can't supply the oem vs one.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Ive got a VS booster and VT master in the VK, its probably worth putting the VS reservoir one on, ive got the VT one still, works fine and all and the level sits well above min on the front but just doesnt look quite right.

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
yeah mines the same in the level dept. i'll go have a look today

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
cant even turn it around as it fouls on the alternator.

madrx3boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Acclaim
You can also use a reservoir from an AU Falcon, fits straight on and sits level, this is what I did in my VL with the VS Booster / VT Master setup