Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low Vibrations........

get1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Ever since i have lowered my VX i have had a vibration which only occurs under load / acceleration. It's been lowered at pedders roughly 2 1/2 inches at the rear and 2 inchs at the front.

I have taken the car back to pedders and was told it must be something different such as diff etc as they have lowered hundreds of commodores with out getting this problem.
Holden says its because i have lowered it and now the tail shaft angles are out. Is this true?????? or any idears to what it could be as its making my driving experience about as much fun as a fart in a wet suit.:bang:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Did they put an adjustable panhard rod in?

steak

Reaction score
Members Ride
lumia
Ever since i have lowered my VX i have had a vibration which only occurs under load / acceleration. It's been lowered at pedders roughly 2 1/2 inches at the rear and 2 inchs at the front.

I have taken the car back to pedders and was told it must be something different such as diff etc as they have lowered hundreds of commodores with out getting this problem.
Holden says its because i have lowered it and now the tail shaft angles are out. Is this true?????? or any idears to what it could be as its making my driving experience about as much fun as a fart in a wet suit.:bang:

hi there mate, this is from a holden book
this may help you with your problem,
this was from a vt holden book

DRIVELINE VIBRATION ON TAKEOFF - VT WAGON WITH V6 ENGINE & A/T

PIR’s have been received advising of takeoff vibration in VT V6 Auto
station wagons. This is caused by incorrect driveline angles, and
vehicles may also inhibit:

70 – 90 Km/h Driveline vibration
20 – 30 Km/h Quiver (light vibration)

CAUSE:
Incorrect driveline angles.

PRODUCTION CORRECTION:
From L286181, build date 29 November, 1997 all station wagons with
V6 and A/T are fitted with 3mm spacers between the propshaft centre
bearing and its carrier.

SERVICE CORRECTION:

When the above condition is defined, add two 3mm spacers to the centre bearing mounting – between centre bearing and centre bearing carrier. (Refer to illustration for location)

PARTS REQUIRED

92138057 – SPACER - Quantity 2