Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low Voltage Battery Cutout

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So it's charging at 14.8v and reads 12.3v when engine is switched off yeah?
Sounds normal to me, are you sure you fully charged the battery before it was refitted ?
It's always better to keep the car locked with the late model Commies unfortunately.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
So it's charging at 14.8v and reads 12.3v when engine is switched off yeah?
Sounds normal to me, are you sure you fully charged the battery before it was refitted ?
It's always better to keep the car locked with the late model Commies unfortunately.

That's correct,but its sitting at 14.8v for over a Month now,its like the computer thinks the battery isn't fully charged.All my other cars the charging rate drops away to 13v or thereabouts after a run.

Lensman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I posted in the VF Thread so perhaps it should be here..........
Can anyone on here that owns a VE ,Series 11,recommend a battery.The amount of misinformation, disinformation and just plain rubbish on the Net. is amazing. I've been told the computer charging system is fussy and needs a Calcium Battery,Auto Stores and Battery Shops say that's rubbish.
Back story is i have only owned the 2012 Wagon for a few Months,it looks like it had the original battery in it as i found it,after garaging it for a Week, with a Flat Battery. Fitted a Repco(Yuasa-Century made in Korea) and it seems to be continually charging at 14.8v for the last Month i had it in the car,that includes 200k trips.Changed Cig. Lighter Voltmeters but both read at 14.8v.
Local ACDelco agent said the VE doesn't like the Repco batteries and to fit the AC recommended model,but he would say that of course,so not sure what to do.
Any help appreciated.
I have the Exide Extreme which is not a calcium battery. Seems to work well. As others have suggested though, keep it locked when not in use otherwise you may go to start it and find your battery dead flat, which can ruin a battery.