Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:: LOWAGZ v2.0 :: (some pics work, some dont)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
well, looks like ive gotta update this thread with pics and info again. maybe 2moro night. for now, check out my $60 score

101_2300.jpg

101_2298.jpg

101_2299.jpg

will probably keep the rears and try and fit them in the wagon and dye em black, possibly sell the fronts off, if not, ill get them retrimmed in black leather.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Damn nice buy!!

cant complain bout that. hows the priming and painting goin on the body work?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
pretty much all primed now, dad was gonna blow some colour over the tailgate, til he decided to lob in with me when i went to get the seats. but its getting there.

strut tops turned up today, should easily drop it an inch.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thought id post a couple more pics. strut tops, left is the bit thats supposed to be facing up(taking another look at pic on the noltec site, the bearing sits lower when flipped up this way, so they mustve flipped the centre bearing bit before adding the urethane), right is how they will go in. just gotta find out how well they work. will go in when the vn suspension gets swapped to the vp.

101_2304.jpg

and i tested one of my subs i got cheap off a fellow jc member a few months back, i believe the posts disappeared with the rest of the missing forum bits. i will update sometime with the missing pics. anyway, could only test one at a time, as the subs are almost double the rms power of the pioneers. 600wrms as opposed to 350wrms.

but god damn did it pump. also had gaps between sub and box, as i ripped the thick foam surround off the top(theyre going to be inverted in the box) and the box is too big atm for them, more so being inverted. sounded good though. so i thought id mask them up and paint the boring looking magnets. went with a chrome paint mainly because i had it sitting there. looks good i think. baskets need a clean though, theyve been collecting dust under my bed.

101_2306.jpg

101_2308.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
did u test them in the car? or u have a box lying round ur room? the chrome paint looks good a lil blurry, didnt think chrome in a can could actually look chrome. adds a lil class to the subs.

i'll be interested to see how low the strut tops drop the height. if your changing shocks n springs, it'll be a lil hard to compare, but looking forward to checking it out.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah, tested one in the box in the car. unscrewed one pioneer, screwed one fusion in with about 3 screws(it was jsut a test :p)

yeh, the chrome paint still doesnt look chrome, ill get some clearer pics 2moro, should be nice and dry now.

i should be able to measure the eyebrow height of the nolathane strut tops in the vn now, then measure the eyebrow height once its all in the vp. i might also rip the whole vn strut out, but stick the tops on before hand and just drop it back down without bolting up in the vn, see how much it changes.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
few pics of the subs with bridge wires polished up and the painted magnets.(pics will be slow til next month, im capped)

101_2310.jpg

101_2312.jpg

101_2314.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
meh, ill update them sometime

not much happening lately, been working almost non stop. won a welder on ebay though, so that should help along the way.

decided im going to get some better speakers than whats in the vn(vdo splits), so im going rockford punch 6.5" splits in front and either 6.5" punch 2 ways or 5.25" power 2 ways in rear. i just have to build up the boxes on the sides of the amp box areas to mount them. pics in due time(most likely when i rip it all out of the vn)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
meh, ill update them sometime

not much happening lately, been working almost non stop. won a welder on ebay though, so that should help along the way.

decided im going to get some better speakers than whats in the vn(vdo splits), so im going rockford punch 6.5" splits in front and either 6.5" punch 2 ways or 5.25" power 2 ways in rear. i just have to build up the boxes on the sides of the amp box areas to mount them. pics in due time(most likely when i rip it all out of the vn)

how do the vdo components go? im installing a pair into a mates car friday, they are the 4" ones, bought them for $60 on special, otherwise it was the $220 mtx jobs. theres not a whole lot in the 4" range. shouldnt be too bad for 70wrms