Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:: Lowagz ::

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
There will probably be a bit more loss than with normal speaker wire, as the material probably won't be as conductive.

Still, awesome setup.

Also, did you coat the wires with some form of anti-rust formula? Scrubbing the wires with steel wool will take off the surface rust but if there's alot of moisture in the air, the rust will come back in the scratches made by the steel wool unless you have sealed the outside with something.

Seems like you've put alot of work into the PC setup, I love it. I was considering something like that, but I was also thinking of putting a second fan in the actual glove box lid sucking air in. That way, I have air going in and coming out, constant airflow is awesome for keeping the temperature regulated.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, there probably is more loss, but its not noticeable, if i built it purely for competition, then id get something better.

i havent coated the wires with anything yet, i plan to..... sometime. i have to polish them first, then juts spray it minus the ends with clearcoat.

yeh, i have put a lot of work into it, and i actually have a fan to suck air into the glovebox, makes a huge difference. its a small 6cm i think, off a old p2 heatsink, i cut a hole on the right side of the glovebox, near the top, and it sucks the air through the gaps in the side.

R

rayrayvnwagon

amps

hey mate
any other ideas where you could put an amp in a wagon, i was goin to put it under the seat but id have to raise the seat. plus i cant undo the screws on it neway.
ray

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
dunno, maybe in the spare wheel spot? some guys screw them to the back of the back seat.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Could always build a small compartment on the sub-box to hold the amp. If the box is the right shape, and it's big enough, you can just screw it onto the side of the box.

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
hakhawk said:
dunno, maybe in the spare wheel spot? some guys screw them to the back of the back seat.

but where would the spare go?

can u explane how u did the pic on the speedo that looks sick.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
go the wagon , looks sweet!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks subdue, this ones pretty much stalled in mods atm, i got a second vn wagon in the shed along with a s2 motor, both getting rebuilt. s2 motor will go into this wagon once its done, as second wagon is long term project.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh, new one is gonna be nuts, im going all out on it, interior, exterior, motor, whole lot. only reason im not doing anymore on this current wagon, is the cassis isnt straight enough to bother. might drop and kit on it and freshen up paint after projects done.