Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered - exhaust fscked

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
haha no im not a fat kent

was parked next to another exec today, looked stock. My exhaust tip is about an inch down from the bumper mould and his was almost touching so i think somethings quite wrong with my exhaust fitment atm, i tried to move it with my toe but it was solid and put black **** all over my (blue) suede adidas ...

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Blue suede shoeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, lalalala. Sounds like your exhaust piping isn't mounted properly mate, must've slipped!

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
that can cause damage too, i had to get an extractor replaced (Pacemaker + Warranty) because of the zorst not mounted properly

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
i have a vz that is sitting on bumpstops and i have the same problems with the exhaust. i have an aftermarket one sitting here which im going to put on this weekend, let you know how i go.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i have a vz that is sitting on bumpstops and i have the same problems with the exhaust. i have an aftermarket one sitting here which im going to put on this weekend, let you know how i go.

His car is standard height, if you are goign to replace your zorst and expect it to be fine because it aftermarket.. your wrong, dreadfully wrong... get it off its ass before your swap your exhausts.. also save yourself some $$ in the long run on tyres and the rest...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
First things first, check your exhaust mounts. They sound non existent to me. It's not overly low so somethings going on there.

Last edited:

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
in regards to the exhaust mounts, from looking at pics on ebay it appears theres only two clips/hooks front and back, is that right? cause i know the rear end is bolted in firm, havent pushed the front to find out

getting it jacked up tonight to suss it out once and for all

///
\\\

so i jacked it up, painfully. had to drive onto two bits of wood, got the front on stops, then we couldnt even get the jack under the fuel tank cause it was so low lol
so anyway the exhaust looks a bit dinged but nothing major and as far as we could tell is mounted securely. so i guess it just is too low on 18s
gonna get the rear end up in a few days to double check the back end but my old man reckons its all in my head (raspy noise, lack of power etc)

Last edited: