Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered Springs?

01_CommonWhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
I've got a 01 VX Commodore sitting on 16" VX S pac alloys and want 99% of my wheel gap gone and was wondering what would be the best springs to throw in and still have a legal ride?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You won't get legal ride height and 1% wheel gap, particularly on sunken 16" stockies. Ride and handling for that situation will be balls too.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
SL's if u want to keep it legal and save ur front bumper, side skirts and all the other stuff on the under carriage

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
ultra lows in the front... BMW SLs in the rear...

D

devilly

depends on the state you live in,and the written law.i always ring regency if unsure or get the fact sheet and have a read.

01_CommonWhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
I'm in nsw and im positive it has to be higher the 110mm all round I just have no clue about springs thanks for your input though I appreciate it.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
100 or 110 is structual so dont go off your bumpers or sideskirts..

Best bet is to cut a pirce of wood that size, cable tie it to a broom handle and shove it under the car.. this is how the cops over here do it... hits anything your pink stickered..

In NZ we can cert it for lower than the 100mm, but you will need to talk to your transport agentcy to see if it is possible to do so over there..

but if your going to cert, then might as well do coil overs..