Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a new Director

DIR115

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Director
I lowered mine myself with an ex holden Mate, king springs, sl front, ssl rear, absolutely no problems at all, looks killer and makes the package even better.
You do not need to buy mrc specific king springs, do not let anyone tell you so, they are for hsv mrc, not holden
Really keen to get it lowered. All my Holdens have been done but just a bit worried with the Director and how it may affect MRC. Thanks PSISLE any chance of posting some pics. Btw appreciate all those who provided feedback, first time I've ever participated in a forum. Cheers.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
I lowered mine myself with an ex holden Mate

Hi

That's good to hear. May I ask what did you do about the wiring to the rear part of the suspension?

Did you have to cut the factory wiring loom and re-solder it after the new rear springs were fitted?

Regards,

RTSV6UJTE

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Interested to know if any Director owners have had theirs lowered. Cheers.

Yep lowered our director. Kings springs SL front and SL rear. Prefer just the SL in the back of ours, found it sagged too much in the back with SSL and didn't look in proportion to the front IMO.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Yep lowered our director. Kings springs SL front and SL rear. Prefer just the SL in the back of ours, found it sagged too much in the back with SSL and didn't look in proportion to the front IMO.
Had to be different ay?? Lol

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi

That's good to hear. May I ask what did you do about the wiring to the rear part of the suspension?

Did you have to cut the factory wiring loom and re-solder it after the new rear springs were fitted?

Regards,

RTSV6UJTE
Inbox me mate

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Hi all

Does anyone know if their is a way to lower a new Director that has the MRC4 suspension in it as standard?

I don't want to lose the features of the MRC and don't want to remove the MRC either. Would springs from say a GenF2 GTS or standard GTSR work in my car and would they make the car lower?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Take the wheels off.