Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering and camber kit.

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
Hey all..
just wanting to know a few things, i am wanting to lower my vz.. everyone keeps telling me that i have to get a camber kit for the rear. Is this true? if so what camber kit do you recommend? (the vz is on 20's)
im looking at really dumping it on its arse what are the lowest springs you can get? i heard there are king spring super super superlows? also is it important to use lowered shocks? i was looking at Monroe GT Sport Shocks but not quite sure what to get..
any help would be much appreciated

cheers,
one

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
Hi there, welcome to jc

In regaurds to lowerin your car, the lowest springs you can get are sssl's and that will drop it pretty low, ive got lovells springs, the fronts to get that sittin as low as possible your best bet is to get a set of ssl's for the front

Before you do drop it i highly recomend gettin your gaurds rolled to avoid massive scrubbing issues with your tyres

With the shocks im running stock FE2 ones and havent had a problem with them, as for going with lowered shocks im not able to help you there

I hope this helps you out

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
so you advise getting ssl's for the front? why not sssl's?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will sit too low at the front (or too high at the back). It's better to have the car level, looks nicer. If you are in need of a camber kit, I do the 4 point Super Pro kit for $160. If you are in WA I can supply the springs as well.

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
so you reckon ssl's for front and sssl's for the rear? ill keep ur camber kit in mind mate

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ssl's for the front so you can still turn with out the problem of pullin the lip of the guard out

ssl's front and sssl's for the rear will have it sittin nice and low, dependin on wat VZ you have will depend on wether it looks level or looks to sit more down in the back

with my calais ive got the above set up in it, and i want to drop the rear more so it will tuck rim in park, but thats abit more than just changing springs though as i will have to cut the bump stops so it wont sit on them

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
its just a 05 vz acclaim

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok with sssl's in the rear it will sit down abit but not massvily

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
what about the front?

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
with the front, the tyre will sit just above the gaurd as thats prob the safest height u can drop the front without havin the tyre hit the gaurd when turnin

this is a mate of mines car, he has sl's in the front so it sits abit higher, and he has bmw's in the rear, it normally sits tucking the tyre sidewall and the rim, sssl's will sit about half a inch higher than that
DSCF2584copy.jpg