Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering and camber kit.

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
thanks buddy.. you've been heaps of help ay.. and i just got me a new wallpaper!

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
well ive got mine on 19's with 245's lowered on SSL's and i get absolutely no scrubbing.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got the gt sport struts in my car, they are fantastic to drive on, ive got them with sl's and i reckon the car is more comfortable to drive with than the origional setup up now, you notice the little bumps more now (expectidly) by it road hold some much better and the car dosnt role as much,

i had the original struts running with the sl's for a week while i waited for the gt's to arrive, and the ride is appalling,

there a proper lowered strut, all the sway bar link mounts etc are in different spot to origionals to bring everything back into line

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
no worries at all one

jaisvz, id say thats because the rolling diameter of the 19s isnt as big as the 20s is, which is why you get 225 wide tyres on most 20" rim packages

andyman, thats interestin as im runnin stock FE2 struts and shocks all round still and find there to be stuff all body roll with the car, i know the ride is pretty poor but im used to it now so im not that bothered by it

one

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 3.6
did you say he has bmw springs in the rear? what are they from?

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
Hey Andyman, in your wagon are you running the FE2 suspension or just standard?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
andyman, thats interestin as im runnin stock FE2 struts and shocks all round still and find there to be stuff all body roll with the car, i know the ride is pretty poor but im used to it now so im not that bothered by it

hey 80', with the original struts there was very little roll as you said, but with the lower strut the spring isnt as compressed (comparing the two struts together and compressed springs) the sway bar mount is moved to bring that back in line, thus this brings the ride back to basically what it was like from factory, but dosnt roll much and looks phat cause its lowered, i only paid $112 a side so they dont break the budget,

Hey Andyman, in your wagon are you running the FE2 suspension or just standard?

i have:

Front: monroe gt sport lowered struts with kings SL front,
Rear: Kings SL, with factory optioned air lift shocks (running with 20psi) to stop bump stop knock,

the car is running 18's, with 4 average sized people with no air in the shocks, the tyres are sitting under the guards and the edge of the rim just sits at the guard, but in saying that it hits bump stops cause of the shocks

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
one, yeah the calais posted above is running bmw rear springs, they do fit straight in with out any hassles, but it is highly recomended to get shortened shocks as the springs literally fall straight out as soon as theres no pressure on them, and the bump stops have to be cut so it can sit as low as the springs can go, the lovells part number for the springs is BRL-6

andyman, thats interesting i would have thought the shorter strut would have compressed the spring more than the stock one would have, i didnt even realise the sway bar had changed position with lowering haha

that price is pretty decent for the struts aswell, might have to look into it when i get some more cash and have a hoist and spring compressor to do it with

thats also interesting that your car sits on bump stops with 4 people in the car with super lows, mine i think just touches the bump stops with a full car and full tank as it dont drop no more

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
andyman, thats interesting i would have thought the shorter strut would have compressed the spring more than the stock one would have, i didnt even realise the sway bar had changed position with lowering haha

thats also interesting that your car sits on bump stops with 4 people in the car with super lows, mine i think just touches the bump stops with a full car and full tank as it dont drop no more

i think the shorthand bit come from the base of the spring seat to the bottom of the strut assembly, i should'a taken a picture, the difference is the spring seat is about an inch lower that the standard and the sway bar mount is about an inch higher than standard,

i think the bottoming out has todo with the air shocks,

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah ok now i get ya, wasnt able to picture it before

damn that suck, perhaps bumpin the air pressure up may help fix that? but also would give a rougher ride though