Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering By Cutting Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Another thing is when you cut the springs , it will keep getting lower and you will bounce around like a cork in the ocean .

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
i know a muslim that eats pork he loves it, and the springs cut haha makes awful noices when u jack them
Then he isn't a real Muslim during Ramadan:D.

Thats the car screaming kill me please i cant take this anymore.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Is compressing them a better option?

By compressing you are meaning re-setting, which is basically remanufacturing the spring. Just buy new ones.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Pfft, just take them all the way out and ride around on bump stops. No fear of a spring coming out then.

And if you find your car is too high...just cut the bump stops in half:thumbsup:

DavoVP

Reaction score
I knew a dude that drove a ford and did that, lets just say his floor pan didnt last to long.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Well he has decided to get proper lowered springs,good on him i say.
Mods please close this before it turns into another **** fight as they uaually do.

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
was gonna cut my springs... but decided to buy new king springs superlows from peps, get them tuesday, hooray for me

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Thanks for the feedback guys, I honestly didnt know how unsafe cut springs were till now. Theres no point in risking anyones life to save a few dollars by taking bodgy shortcuts.

Now ive arranged with a local wreckers for the car to be lowered properly on SL's on tuesday. I ended up picking up a whole lowering kit (including camber kit) for $150.00 second hand.
I know what they look like as they were on a vt with frontend damage last week. They look sweet and I cant wait for the car to be lowered. Im sick of driving a 4x4 executive lol
As for them being "worn" and used... if this is the case the wreckers have also offered me a warranty with them for as long as I own the car (which will be traded in a couple years)
So thanks all:) much appreciated!

And for those of you who are even thinking about cutting them, DONT RISK IT!

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
faaarrrrkk, dude.. thats an insane bargain... i just bought a brand spankin set from peps spares for $280

and then i gotta buy a camber kit, and they are like $180 or something, and then i gotta get all the crap fitted, about $150... lucky i still have my tax return money haha.

now i gotta save up for some rims, yahoooo =D

Status
Not open for further replies.