Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering my VY

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Super low sedans will probably drop it another 15mm. They do have higher springs rates that's why the part number is now HD (heavy duty) if you ring King theyll be able to tell you what height the super low ute springs will be

Suicidul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Commodore Ute
Super low sedans will probably drop it another 15mm. They do have higher springs rates that's why the part number is now HD (heavy duty) if you ring King theyll be able to tell you what height the super low ute springs will be

Just gave King a call. They said I can go KHRL-46 and that will give me a 15mm drop or KHRL-46SL and that will give me a 30mm drop. I'm guessing the SL are getting into ultra low territory and guard rolling will become an issue? Would it also be worth asking if it's possible to get them in HD as I'm carrying loads sometimes?

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Just gave King a call. They said I can go KHRL-46HD and that will give me a 15mm drop or KHRL-46SL and that will give me a 30mm drop. I'm guessing the SL are getting into ultra low territory

that's what I thought 15mm. Nope if super lows KHRL-46HD (SL) are 15mm then Ultra low HRL-46SLHD (SSSL) are going to be 45mm lower and that KHRL-46SL are 30mm as you said. I'd stick with the KHRL-46HD as there already heavy duty hence the HD. I couldn't see the KHRL-46SL listed on their catalogue

guard rolling will become an issue?

unless your changing your wheels to something wider, or lower offset. Guard rolling wont do sweet %#@$ all while you have those factory Holden SSV wheels

Suicidul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Commodore Ute
that's what I thought 15mm. Nope if super lows KHRL-46HD (SL) are 15mm then Ultra low HRL-46SLHD (SSSL) are going to be 45mm lower and that KHRL-46SL are 30mm as you said. I'd stick with the KHRL-46HD as there already heavy duty hence the HD. I couldn't see the KHRL-46SL listed on their catalogue

Luckily a king springs distributor is in my town so I'll take it to them to fit and supply. Yeah I didn't want to go lower than the 46 or it'll be impractical as anything with scraping. Front is at 110mm and the rear should be at 105mm with the new ones if my math is correct. When I called they didn't say anything about HD so was worried about sagging if I have a load. Thanks for your help mate :)

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Mate, looking at the picture of it, in my opinion that looks perfect how it sits now, :thumbsup: especially if you are talking of carrying a load

Suicidul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Commodore Ute
Mate, looking at the picture of it, in my opinion that looks perfect how it sits now, :thumbsup: especially if you are talking of carrying a load

In that pic it had a load haha. It's normally higher. Took everything out today and the whole tyre is visible if that makes sense.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
My KHRL46 sat 330mm from centre hub to guard.