Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering of suspension

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Rastus1 said:
Hey juzsvy,
Mate nice looking pics of your ride in your other post, i am looking forward to seeing some pics of it now it's been lowered, pedders springs and shocks are awesome for ride comfort and handling as well as looks. :bow:
Cheers :D
Rastus1
Thanx rastus, i'll post pics in the next couple of days, stay tuned!:thumbsup:

V

VYB03

Hi Guys,just bought a second hand set FE2 suspension,done 40k,I know another 20k and I'm gunna need new shocks but what i'd like to know can anyone tell me any noticable difference between the FE and standard before I install them on my Vy berlina,or better still did the berlina's have the FE@ as standard?? this is my first time so please take it easy on me lol

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
The FE2 springs are stiffer than stock and will give you fair bit less body roll.. although they dont sit much lower than stock..

V

VYB03

Hi mate,good to see someone else is up at this time,the bloke I bought them of reckons it will lower me about an inch or so! If that's not the case then will a lower profile tyre compared to the 215x60x16 that are on the car now make her look lower,this isn't about dropping the hell out of it just want to make it look nicer than standard,cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
In my opinion I'd invest in some Lovells superlows.. I did and i think it sits perfectly.. without scraping or any trouble from anyone..

3d2783bc.jpg

when in the car:
32c48a10.jpg

69ea7820.jpg

FE2's are still pretty high..
heres a shot with them in b4 i got the car lowered..

3f4e16a2.jpg

Rastus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ
juzsvy said:
Ok guys, click on the link to my ride and check out the ride height there, just posted the pics up on the weekend.
There are pics at the start with the standard height and the lowered pics are down a bit.

Juzsvy your car has come up looking great, nice height now it's been lowered, did you find a big difference in the ride,and have you found the front mud flaps hit everyhing you drive over, I took mine off. :thumbsup:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Rastus1 said:
Juzsvy your car has come up looking great, nice height now it's been lowered, did you find a big difference in the ride,and have you found the front mud flaps hit everyhing you drive over, I took mine off. :thumbsup:
The ride is great!
So far i haven't hit much with the flaps(touch wood!):yeah:

coroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s
Mate, fantastic photos, what camera are you using? Your car looks better than new.