Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering on 19's

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I know this question is asked every week and yes, I have searched which helped me.
I recently chucked some 19's on it and am looking to lower it.
1) I am unsure as to go SSL or just SL? or was considering SSL in back and SL in front. Has anyone done this and got some pics so I can see? I don't want it to be defectable, but would like it close-ish to the limit (100mm at lowest point)
2) I'm a bit of a mechanical retard, if I was to buy the parts myself from the Sponsor on here or something, whats a ballpark figure of what it would cost me to get em put in?

Cheers Guys :beer chug:

Heres where it sits at the moment..
100_0390.jpg

Last edited:

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I reckon superlows all round would look great and your probably going to be up for around $200ish dollars for just the springs or around $500 with shocks as well.

Thats if you can find a good deal.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
i rekon you'd be fine with that mate, i run more than ultra low in the back of my vs (same colour :p) and i live in canberra and have never had any trouble.

vs.project

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
id say sl front and ssl rear in you have solid diff your tyres will be fine thats what im getting on my vs

wildeagle44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I reckon you would be allright with ultra lows, but a set of sl or ssl will look great anyways

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Cheers guys, would I be alright for the time being just replacing the rear shocks? I know its better to replace front + back with shorter but I'm on a pretty tight (schoolkid) budget and thres a difference of about $200 not having the front shocks..