Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VN 91

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
I have a 91 Vn with superlows and shortened monroe shocks, my rear springs are only just captive, id love to make mine lower, LEGALLY, how can I do this? Any help appreciated, pictures of the ride height in my albums if you are curious, cheers.

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
the Aqua coloured springs are probably dobinsons, which are stock in the V8 Vn's. Well its like that in new Zealand anyway, the Aqua coloured springs are made for the V8's, high quality and well load bearing, bloody good spring, weather its normal or superlow like I have

codwalop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT/APV, VP V6 Turbo
killer thread dig - you could have just started a new one. in australia we just have to conform to a minimum height at the lowest point, for my state it's 100mm. i run ultralows all around legally as i have a custom exhaust which keeps it higher than 100mm.

not sure how it works in NZ, there's a few people on this forum from there so they would no doubt know.

the springs i am using are generally illegal, but only due to the ride height when put on a standard car.. if you run different size wheels/tyres you can raise and lower the body as well. but the exhaust is always going to be the lowest part, so raise that up and you can go lower.

codwalop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT/APV, VP V6 Turbo
my apologies, just noticed you did start a new thread. before removing this one from it's tomb. :)

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
All good mate sorry about that still getting used to this forum stuff haha,

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
I have 17x8 mags with 235\45s on them with superlows allround and short shocks in the rear and there is no rubbage, my springs are teal coloured, I don't know about Australia but in new Zealand they are dobinson, which I THINK is a v8 spring aswell, high quality, sits just above the mag in the rear and an inch or 2 above the tyre in the front, I have the same lowering issue, I rolled my guards with a rubber mallet and a lot of patience and there has never been any rubbing, if there is I would recommend doing that and then taking out the plastic under arch if you have one cause thats what a lot of cars scrape on

74MUNRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
I have 17x8 mags with 235\45s on them with superlows allround and short shocks in the rear and there is no rubbage, my springs are teal coloured, I don't know about Australia but in new Zealand they are dobinson, which I THINK is a v8 spring aswell, high quality, sits just above the mag in the rear and an inch or 2 above the tyre in the front, I have the same lowering issue, I rolled my guards with a rubber mallet and a lot of patience and there has never been any rubbing, if there is I would recommend doing that and then taking out the plastic under arch if you have one cause thats what a lot of cars scrape on

Hey Mate,
Any chance you could flick us a pic of your ride please?
I'm in the process of lowering my 91 VN Wagon, and have concerns I'm going to get rubbage.
I'm running the 15x8 Pursuits, with 225 rubber. Have had my guards rolled, but concerned it's going to rub on the inner guard where it rolls back in.
Cheers,
Deano

ps: Sorry to drag up an old thread everyone, just started using this forum.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I doubt you'll get a reply, the user hasn't been online since 2013.