Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vt commodore

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ev0LuTioN said:
sorry if its a vt thing but i'll say wat kmart told me

short travel shocks for the back - superlows all around fitted + allignment = $790.00

the guy said that camber kit may not be needed but they would measure it anyways and if its needed it would be about $400 extra ...

this is for a vx ... - just wanted to know if this is the right price - too high? too low?

cheers
alex.

Lovells low front + lovells superlow at rear + rear shocks + rear 4 pt camber kit + alignment = $950 WA Suspension for ME :yeah:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
How do I find the part number on the springs guys? I'll check em out ASAP.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Sorry for the bump, but how would I check part numbers on springs?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
personally i would go down to a suspension place, (obviously not the one that "installed" your current ones) and ask them to tell you.
a 2 second look under car they will be able to recognise

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
ok i still cant make sense of it. ive read so much different stuff and called so many places but everyone gives me different answers.

I've got a VT SS 5.0L (so ser1) that I want to possibly put king lows in the front and super lows in the back. Further up I read that if you put in super lows that you WILL NEED shorter shocks but some guy at the tire factory just told me because of the IRS you DEF WONT need shorter shocks so wtf ?

I've read some of the other threads and I've just gotten more unclear as to what you do/dont need to do.

The one think I am certain of is 4pt C/C kit :) unless of course i want to buy new tyres every other day

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
If your car has high kms - I'd be replacing the shocks anyway. My VX has done 160,000 and the shocks that came out of that were horrible. I'm unsure if shorter shocks were put in my car though, they were replaced with monroe.. dunno if height difference.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
zandahar said:
I've got a VT SS 5.0L (so ser1) that I want to possibly put king lows in the front and super lows in the back. Further up I read that if you put in super lows that you WILL NEED shorter shocks but some guy at the tire factory just told me because of the IRS you DEF WONT need shorter shocks so wtf ?
I dont know how these 'expert' tyre/suspension fitters get away with what they do and the facts they quote :my:....

SIMPLE FACT : Kings Superlow springs in the rear NEED shorter travel shocks (see pic I posted earlier) or you risk the chance of the springs falling out over large bumps. Yes you can use the stock length shocks to save $$$ but its false economy and giving you a half assed job. New shocks aren't that expensive to do the job properly and SAFELY.

Also zandahar, if you are thinking of only using Lows in the front you are effectively replacing what you already have (ie: FE2 = LOWS). To make your car lower in the front you will need to use superlows in the front to see a visual difference ;)

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
heh thats another bit of information that has varied from place to place. some say lows in front of vt with fe2 with drop 15mm some say it wont drop at all. Either way doesnt matter ive found a few guys on here and another commo forum that have the same car on superlows and it looks exactly how I want it.

In the last few days ive been chasing up a few more mobs around town and he recommended putting ultima shocks at least in the rear if I was going superlows. Anyone else heard of these before ? I don't doubt they are good shocks as ive been in the guys lowered ute and vx ss and they both ride pretty nice considering theyre both very much on thier guts.

btw no bagging out all the tire factory stores but the one near me the guys there dont know **** from clay and ought to be shot...but thats just my opinion :)

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
just adding to the Fe2 ride height. When i went to holden and pedders they both said it drops the car 20mm.