Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vt commodore

phild257

Phil
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5.0L
I just fitted 30mm lower King Springs and KYB shocks on my VT 5.0 Calais. I also fitted a Nolathane camber kit on the inner control arm linkage. Did the install myself, and seemed okay after the local shop did a wheel alignment (except for it being backed into at the shop).

When running at 80+K's and the engine gently loaded, like on a long hill, a drone comes from the rear of the car. I can't work out if it's exhaust (did I crack it while doing the camber kit?). Or have I got the drive shafts out of alignment?

The Nolathane pack say's to only fit to the inner mount on VSII onwards, but the Web site says to fit inner and outer if at FE2 or lower?

Any ideas?

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
no way! i wouldnt buy it for that much... i payed $5300 for my 1999 series II commodore and it had 150000 on the clock, bought it off a girl in her mid 20s who i knew fairly well.

HSTL3R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
lowering my VT

i just purchased a VT executive wif VT ss wheels on it alreadii and i just wanna know which would look better..super lows or super super lows??

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
when i lowered my wagon i had after market 17's they fit allright then i droped it on ssl i had to roll the guards abit, thing is with the camber kits if you go low you will stille wear the tyres out on the insides as vt's where the wrost for camber when lowered, mine still has -2 camber on both sides with sedan supers in the rear

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
....great dig.

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Best way to show you..

Stock Springs & Suspension

P1050017.JPG

With SuperLow Springs & Stock Suspension

p10000042be.jpg

Overall with SuperLows All round & Stock Suspension

p10000035kl.jpg

Also invest $4XX is a camber kit... will save you alot in the long run ;)

What type of bodykit is that? Ive been trying to find one the same but am having no luck also do you have more pics of the front and rear bar?

vtexect

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
hey guys, i wanna lower my vt, its a 1998 exective, just wondering how much will lows lower it? and how much will super lows lower it?:hmmm:

Doka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec
can u all tell me what do you think of the 98 vt executive for a second car. 190 000kms for $8000 with all new suspension and new power stering box! NEVER THRASHED OLD PEOPLE

Sounds a bit expensive, my 98 VT Exec with 118000km, full service history, full log book of trips and repairs was $5500.